Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: waaO
Alias: ECK3617, JW3602, rfaI, rfaM, waaI
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Traurig M, Misra R. Identification of bacteriophage K20 binding regions of OmpF and lipopolysaccharide in Escherichia coli K-12. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;181:101-8 pubmed
- Creeger E, Rothfield L. Cloning of genes for bacterial glycosyltransferases. I. Selection of hybrid plasmids carrying genes for two glucosyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 1979;254:804-10 pubmed..Two plasmids were identified which carried the rfaG+ gene; one of these plasmids also contained genetic information for a second glucosyltransferase, the E. coli glucosyltransferase II, which normally is not present in S. typhimurium. ..
- Parker C, Kloser A, Schnaitman C, Stein M, Gottesman S, Gibson B. Role of the rfaG and rfaP genes in determining the lipopolysaccharide core structure and cell surface properties of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:2525-38 pubmed..A model is presented which relates the deep rough phenotype to the loss of heptose-linked P and PPEA. ..
- Klena J, Pradel E, Schnaitman C. Comparison of lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis genes rfaK, rfaL, rfaY, and rfaZ of Escherichia coli K-12 and Salmonella typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:4746-52 pubmed..We speculate that protein RfaL may interact in a strain- or species-specific way with one or more Rfb proteins in the expression of surface O antigen. ..
- Creeger E, Rothfield L. Cloning genes for bacterial glycosyltransferases. Methods Enzymol. 1982;83:326-31 pubmed
- Creeger E, Schulte T, Rothfield L. Regulation of membrane glycosyltransferases by the sfrB and rfaH genes of Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:3064-9 pubmed..typhimurium galactosyltransferase. Taken together, the results indicate that the sfrB(rfaH) gene acts as a positive regulatory element in expression of multiple glycosyltransferases in E. coli and S. typhimurium. ..