Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: uvrY
Description: response regulator in two-component regulatory system with BarA
Alias: ECK1913, JW1899, gacA, sirA, yecB
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Mondragón V, Franco B, Jonas K, Suzuki K, Romeo T, Melefors O, et al. pH-dependent activation of the BarA-UvrY two-component system in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:8303-6 pubmedThe barA and uvrY genes of Escherichia coli encode a two-component sensor kinase and a response regulator, respectively...
- Hengge R. The two-component network and the general stress sigma factor RpoS (sigma S) in Escherichia coli. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2008;631:40-53 pubmed publisher..In addition, the BarA/UvrY and Rcs phosphorelay systems can activate rpoS transcription and translation, respectively...
- Camacho M, Alvarez A, Chavez R, Romeo T, Merino E, Georgellis D. Effects of the global regulator CsrA on the BarA/UvrY two-component signaling system. J Bacteriol. 2015;197:983-91 pubmed publisherThe hybrid sensor kinase BarA and its cognate response regulator UvrY, members of the two-component signal transduction family, activate transcription of CsrB and CsrC noncoding RNAs...
- Sharma S, Stark T, Beattie W, Moses R. Multiple control elements for the uvrC gene unit of Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1986;14:2301-18 pubmed..The upstream region including the 28 kd protein is required for enhanced expression under non-induced conditions. These results show that the uvrC gene is controlled by multiple promoters and is transcribed as part of a multigene unit. ..
- Johnston C, Pegues D, Hueck C, Lee A, Miller S. Transcriptional activation of Salmonella typhimurium invasion genes by a member of the phosphorylated response-regulator superfamily. Mol Microbiol. 1996;22:715-27 pubmed..In this report we identify sirA, a gene located outside the pathogenicity island that is essential for induction of prgHIJK and hilA transcription...
- Ahmer B. Cell-to-cell signalling in Escherichia coli and Salmonella enterica. Mol Microbiol. 2004;52:933-45 pubmed..The latter system has homologues in E. coli and Salmonella, as well as other bacteria, plants and animals. In fact, the protease components from Providencia and Drosophila are functionally interchangeable. ..