Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: uhpB
Description: sensory histidine kinase in two-component regulatory sytem with UhpA
Alias: ECK3659, JW3643
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Webber C, Kadner R. Action of receiver and activator modules of UhpA in transcriptional control of the Escherichia coli sugar phosphate transport system. Mol Microbiol. 1995;15:883-93 pubmed..generated by in vitro manipulations and missense mutations selected for independence from the requirement for UhpB kinase activity...
- Kadner R, Webber C, Island M. The family of organo-phosphate transport proteins includes a transmembrane regulatory protein. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1993;25:637-45 pubmed..Of emphasis here is the unusual involvement in transmembrane signaling of the UhpC protein which is related in sequence and structure to some transport proteins, including the very protein whose synthesis it helps regulate. ..
- Wright J, Olekhnovich I, Touchie G, Kadner R. The histidine kinase domain of UhpB inhibits UhpA action at the Escherichia coli uhpT promoter. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:6279-86 pubmed..sugar phosphate transporter in Escherichia coli in response to external glucose 6-phosphate includes the HK protein UhpB and the polytopic membrane protein UhpC, a UhpT homolog which is required for responsiveness to an inducer and ..
- Wright J, Kadner R. The phosphoryl transfer domain of UhpB interacts with the response regulator UhpA. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:3149-59 pubmed..b>UhpB is the HK protein which controls production of the sugar phosphate transporter UhpT...
- Anantharaman V, Aravind L. Application of comparative genomics in the identification and analysis of novel families of membrane-associated receptors in bacteria. BMC Genomics. 2003;4:34 pubmed..is predicted to be a potential sensor of murein derivatives, whereas the other one typified by the Escherichia coli UhpB protein is predicted to function as sensor of conformational changes occurring in associated membrane proteins We ..