Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ubiE
Description: bifunctional 2-octaprenyl-6-methoxy-1,4-benzoquinone methylase/ S-adenosylmethionine:2-DMK methyltransferase
Alias: ECK3827, JW5581, menG, menH, yigO
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Young I, McCann L, Stroobant P, Gibson F. Characterization and genetic analysis of mutant strains of Escherichia coli K-12 accumulating the biquinone precursors 2-octaprenyl-6-methoxy-1,4-benzoquinone and 2-octaprenyl-3-methyl-6-methoxy-1,4-benzoquinone. J Bacteriol. 1971;105:769-78 pubmed..and 2-octaprenyl-3-methyl-6-methoxy-1,4-benzoquinone were shown to carry mutations in genes designated ubiE and ubiF, respectively...
- Lee P, Hsu A, Ha H, Clarke C. A C-methyltransferase involved in both ubiquinone and menaquinone biosynthesis: isolation and identification of the Escherichia coli ubiE gene. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:1748-54 pubmedStrains of Escherichia coli with mutations in the ubiE gene are not able to catalyze the carbon methylation reaction in the biosynthesis of ubiquinone (coenzyme Q) and menaquinone (vitamin K2), essential isoprenoid quinone components of ..
- Bekker M, Kramer G, Hartog A, Wagner M, de Koster C, Hellingwerf K, et al. Changes in the redox state and composition of the quinone pool of Escherichia coli during aerobic batch-culture growth. Microbiology. 2007;153:1974-80 pubmed..Moreover, in exponentially growing cultures in a well-shaken Erlenmeyer flask, it is observed that the assumption of a pseudo-steady state does not hold with respect to the redox state of the quinone pool. ..
- Lee K, Zhan X, Gao J, Qiu J, Feng Y, Meganathan R, et al. RraA. a protein inhibitor of RNase E activity that globally modulates RNA abundance in E. coli. Cell. 2003;114:623-34 pubmed..Our results reveal a possible mechanism for the dynamic regulation of RNA decay and processing by inhibitory RNase binding proteins...
- Pacheco C, Passos J, Castro A, Moradas Ferreira P, De Marco P. Role of respiration and glutathione in cadmium-induced oxidative stress in Escherichia coli K-12. Arch Microbiol. 2008;189:271-8 pubmed