Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: trxC
Description: thioredoxin 2
Alias: ECK2580, JW2566, yfiG
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Collet J, D Souza J, Jakob U, Bardwell J. Thioredoxin 2, an oxidative stress-induced protein, contains a high affinity zinc binding site. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45325-32 pubmed..The zinc-free protein conserves its reductase activity. Altogether, our results suggest that the zinc center might play the role of a redox switch, changing a yet to be identified activity. ..
- Jacob C, Kriznik A, Boschi Muller S, Branlant G. Thioredoxin 2 from Escherichia coli is not involved in vivo in the recycling process of methionine sulfoxide reductase activities. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1905-9 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that the lack of growth of the metB(1)trxA mutant on Met-O is due to low in vivo expression of Trx2 and not to the lower catalytic efficiency of Msrs for Trx2. ..
- Ortenberg R, Gon S, Porat A, Beckwith J. Interactions of glutaredoxins, ribonucleotide reductase, and components of the DNA replication system of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7439-44 pubmed..Our results also suggest an unexpected regulatory interaction between the DnaA and DnaN proteins. ..
- Polianskiĭ A, Kosinskiĭ I, Efremov R. [The influence of local changes in the temperature-dependent conformational mobility of thioredoxins on their thermostability]. Bioorg Khim. 2004;30:470-80 pubmed..The English version of the paper: Russian Journal of Bioorganic Chemistry, 2004, vol. 30, no. 5; see also http: // www.maik.ru. ..
- Pan J, Bardwell J. The origami of thioredoxin-like folds. Protein Sci. 2006;15:2217-27 pubmed
- Marulanda D, Tasayco M, McDermott A, Cataldi M, Arriaran V, Polenova T. Magic angle spinning solid-state NMR spectroscopy for structural studies of protein interfaces. resonance assignments of differentially enriched Escherichia coli thioredoxin reassembled by fragment complementation. J Am Chem Soc. 2004;126:16608-20 pubmed
- Meyer Y, Buchanan B, Vignols F, Reichheld J. Thioredoxins and glutaredoxins: unifying elements in redox biology. Annu Rev Genet. 2009;43:335-67 pubmed publisher..The new information will be important not only to our understanding of the role of Trx and Grx in fundamental cell processes but also to future societal benefits as the proteins find new applications in a range of fields. ..