Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: truB
Description: tRNA pseudouridine synthase B: tRNA pseudouridine(55) synthase and putative tmRNA pseudouridine(342) synthase
Alias: ECK3155, JW3135, yhbA
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Kinghorn S, O Byrne C, Booth I, Stansfield I. Physiological analysis of the role of truB in Escherichia coli: a role for tRNA modification in extreme temperature resistance. Microbiology. 2002;148:3511-20 pubmed publisherThe truB gene of Escherichia coli encodes the pseudouridine-55 (psi55) synthase and is responsible for modifying all tRNA molecules in the cell at the U55 position...
- Nurse K, Wrzesinski J, Bakin A, Lane B, Ofengand J. Purification, cloning, and properties of the tRNA psi 55 synthase from Escherichia coli. RNA. 1995;1:102-12 pubmed..86 min on the E. coli chromosome between the infB and rpsO genes. The proposed name for this gene is truB. There is very little protein sequence homology between the truB gene product and the hisT (truA) product, which ..
- Hoang C, Ferr D Amar A. Cocrystal structure of a tRNA Psi55 pseudouridine synthase: nucleotide flipping by an RNA-modifying enzyme. Cell. 2001;107:929-39 pubmed..b>TruB is responsible for the Psi residue present in the T loops of virtually all tRNAs...
- Gutgsell N, Englund N, Niu L, Kaya Y, Lane B, Ofengand J. Deletion of the Escherichia coli pseudouridine synthase gene truB blocks formation of pseudouridine 55 in tRNA in vivo, does not affect exponential growth, but confers a strong selective disadvantage in competition with wild-type cells. RNA. 2000;6:1870-81 pubmedPrevious work from this laboratory (Nurse et al., RNA, 1995, 1:102-112) established that TruB, a pseudouridine (psi) synthase from Escherichia coli, was able to make psi55 in tRNA transcripts but not in transcripts of full-length or ..
- Spedaliere C, Mueller E. Not all pseudouridine synthases are potently inhibited by RNA containing 5-fluorouridine. RNA. 2004;10:192-9 pubmed..of pseudouridine synthases by RNA containing 5-fluorouridine, the Escherichia coli pseudouridine synthase TruB, which has physiologically critical eukaryotic homologs, is not inhibited by such RNA...
- Spedaliere C, Hamilton C, Mueller E. Functional importance of motif I of pseudouridine synthases: mutagenesis of aligned lysine and proline residues. Biochemistry. 2000;39:9459-65 pubmed..of these alignments by substituting the nearly invariant lysine and proline residues in Motif I of RluA and TruB, pseudouridine synthases belonging to different families...
- Ramamurthy V, Swann S, Spedaliere C, Mueller E. Role of cysteine residues in pseudouridine synthases of different families. Biochemistry. 1999;38:13106-11 pubmed..We examined the enzymes RluA and TruB, which are members of different families than TruA and each other...
- Hoang C, Hamilton C, Mueller E, Ferré D Amaré A. Precursor complex structure of pseudouridine synthase TruB suggests coupling of active site perturbations to an RNA-sequestering peripheral protein domain. Protein Sci. 2005;14:2201-6 pubmedThe pseudouridine synthase TruB is responsible for the universally conserved post-transcriptional modification of residue 55 of elongator tRNAs...
- Ramamurthy V, Swann S, Paulson J, Spedaliere C, Mueller E. Critical aspartic acid residues in pseudouridine synthases. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:22225-30 pubmed
- Phannachet K, Elias Y, Huang R. Dissecting the roles of a strictly conserved tyrosine in substrate recognition and catalysis by pseudouridine 55 synthase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15488-94 pubmed publisherSequence alignment of the TruA, TruB, RsuA, and RluA families of pseudouridine synthases (PsiS) identifies a strictly conserved aspartic acid, which has been shown to be the critical nucleophile for the PsiS-catalyzed formation of ..
- Hur S, Stroud R, Finer Moore J. Substrate recognition by RNA 5-methyluridine methyltransferases and pseudouridine synthases: a structural perspective. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38969-73 pubmed
- Nakamura Y, Mizusawa S. In vivo evidence that the nusA and infB genes of E. coli are part of the same multi-gene operon which encodes at least four proteins. EMBO J. 1985;4:527-32 pubmed..The in vivo attenuation site of this operon is described. ..