Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: trkH
Description: potassium transporter
Alias: ECK3841, JW5576, sapJ
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Guo Y, Xue Y, Liu J, Wang Q, Ma Y. Characterization and function analysis of a Halo-alkaline-adaptable Trk K+ uptake system in Alkalimonas amylolytica strain N10. Sci China C Life Sci. 2009;52:949-57 pubmed publisher..These two genes, Aa-trkA (1337 bp) and Aa-trkH (1452 bp), were adjacent on the A. amylolytica N10 chromosome and transcribed in opposite directions...
- Trchunian A, Durgar ian S, Ogandzhanian E, Ter Nikogosian V, Vardanian A. [The capacity of anaerobically grown bacteria to exchange the 2H+ of the cell for the K+ of the medium and to maintain a high K+ distribution between cell and medium]. Nauchnye Doki Vyss Shkoly Biol Nauki. 1986;:82-8 pubmed
- Bagramyan K, Martirosov S. Formation of an ion transport supercomplex in Escherichia coli. An experimental model of direct transduction of energy. FEBS Lett. 1989;246:149-52 pubmed..Within this supercomplex direct transduction of energy is accomplished via oxidation of 2 SH to S-S. ..
- Trchunian A, Ogandzhanian E, Mironova G, Martirosov S. [K+-dependent enzyme activity of H+-ATPase in the E. coli membrane]. Biofizika. 1991;36:102-4 pubmed..coli depended on K+ activity. F1F0 include two additional proteins which correspond to the Trk system. The data improve the possibility to form supercomplex (F1F0-Trk) functioning as the H(+)-K(+)-pump. ..
- Buurman E, McLaggan D, Naprstek J, Epstein W. Multiple paths for nonphysiological transport of K+ in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:4238-45 pubmed..In contrast, expression of wild-type ProP, TrkG, and TrkH proteins increased uptake when encoded on multicopy plasmids...
- Ukai H, Matsuzawa H, Ito K, Yamada M, Nishimura A. ftsE(Ts) affects translocation of K+-pump proteins into the cytoplasmic membrane of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:3663-70 pubmed..We expressed alkaline phosphatase (PhoA) fusion proteins of KdpA, Kup, and TrkH, all of which proved functional in vivo as K+ ion pumps, in the mutant cells...
- Trchunian A, Ogandzhanian E, Martirosov S. [N,N'-dicyclohexylcarbodiimide-sensitive K+-dependent ATPase activity in Escherichia coli]. Nauchnye Doki Vyss Shkoly Biol Nauki. 1989;:90-5 pubmed
- Harms C, Domoto Y, Celik C, Rahe E, Stumpe S, Schmid R, et al. Identification of the ABC protein SapD as the subunit that confers ATP dependence to the K+-uptake systems Trk(H) and Trk(G) from Escherichia coli K-12. Microbiology. 2001;147:2991-3003 pubmed..coli ATP dependence of Trk activity can be independent of Sap proteins. These data are interpreted to mean that Trk systems can interact with an ABC protein other than SapD...
- Nakahigashi K, Inokuchi H. Nucleotide sequence between the fadB gene and the rrnA operon from Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6439 pubmed
- Trchounian A. Ion exchange in facultative anaerobes: does a proton-potassium pump exist in anaerobic Escherichia Coli?. Anaerobe. 1997;3:355-71 pubmed
- Epstein W, Buurman E, McLaggan D, Naprstek J. Multiple mechanisms, roles and controls of K+ transport in Escherichia coli. Biochem Soc Trans. 1993;21:1006-10 pubmed
- Trchunian A, Vasilian A. [ATPase activity and K+ transport in membranes of anaerobically grown trk-mutants of Escherichia coli]. Biokhimiia. 1993;58:1062-70 pubmed..but not that of Na+, CL- or NO3-) and only in the wild precursor strain and trkG (but not in trkA, trkE, or trkH mutants)...
- Stewart L, Bakker E, Booth I. Energy coupling to K+ uptake via the Trk system in Escherichia coli: the role of ATP. J Gen Microbiol. 1985;131:77-85 pubmed..Using inhibitors and unc mutants we show that Trk is not an ATPase but may be regulated by ATP. Possible mechanisms of energy coupling to Trk are discussed. ..
- Parra Lopez C, Lin R, Aspedon A, Groisman E. A Salmonella protein that is required for resistance to antimicrobial peptides and transport of potassium. EMBO J. 1994;13:3964-72 pubmed..Strains with mutations in sapG and either sapJ or the sapABCDF operon were as susceptible as sapG single mutants, suggesting that the proteins encoded by these ..
- Trchounian A, Bagramyan K, Vassilian A, Poladian A. Relationship between formate hydrogen lyase and proton-potassium pump under heterolactic fermentation in Escherichia coli: functional multienzyme associations in the cell membrane. Membr Cell Biol. 2000;13:511-26 pubmed..The number of SH groups decreased in the presence of DCC. These results indicate a significance of the thiol groups for the function of the proposed association. ..
- Dosch D, Helmer G, Sutton S, Salvacion F, Epstein W. Genetic analysis of potassium transport loci in Escherichia coli: evidence for three constitutive systems mediating uptake potassium. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:687-96 pubmed..of K+ for growth has revealed two new genes, trkG, near minute 30 within the cryptic rac prophage, and trkH, near minute 87, the products of which affect constitutive K+ transport...