Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: trkG
Description: Rac prophage; potassium transporter subunit
Alias: ECK1362, JW1358
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Bagramyan K, Martirosov S. Formation of an ion transport supercomplex in Escherichia coli. An experimental model of direct transduction of energy. FEBS Lett. 1989;246:149-52 pubmed..Within this supercomplex direct transduction of energy is accomplished via oxidation of 2 SH to S-S. ..
- Trchounian A, Vassilian A. Relationship between the F0F1-ATPase and the K(+)-transport system within the membrane of anaerobically grown Escherichia coli. N,N'-dicyclohexylcarbodiimide-sensitive ATPase activity in mutants with defects in K(+)-transport. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1994;26:563-71 pubmed..coli grown anaerobically in the presence of glucose. This effect was observed only in parent and in the trkG, but not in the trkA, trkE, or trkH mutants...
- Schlosser A, Kluttig S, Hamann A, Bakker E. Subcloning, nucleotide sequence, and expression of trkG, a gene that encodes an integral membrane protein involved in potassium uptake via the Trk system of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3170-6 pubmedThe trkG gene encodes a component of the K+ uptake system Trk and is located at 30.5 min inside the lambdoid prophage region rac of the Escherichia coli chromosome...
- Trchounian A, Bagramyan K, Vassilian A, Poladian A. Relationship between formate hydrogen lyase and proton-potassium pump under heterolactic fermentation in Escherichia coli: functional multienzyme associations in the cell membrane. Membr Cell Biol. 2000;13:511-26 pubmed..The number of SH groups decreased in the presence of DCC. These results indicate a significance of the thiol groups for the function of the proposed association. ..
- Trchunian A, Ogandzhanian E, Martirosov S. [N,N'-dicyclohexylcarbodiimide-sensitive K+-dependent ATPase activity in Escherichia coli]. Nauchnye Doki Vyss Shkoly Biol Nauki. 1989;:90-5 pubmed
- Harms C, Domoto Y, Celik C, Rahe E, Stumpe S, Schmid R, et al. Identification of the ABC protein SapD as the subunit that confers ATP dependence to the K+-uptake systems Trk(H) and Trk(G) from Escherichia coli K-12. Microbiology. 2001;147:2991-3003 pubmed..coli ATP dependence of Trk activity can be independent of Sap proteins. These data are interpreted to mean that Trk systems can interact with an ABC protein other than SapD...
- Stumpe S, Bakker E. Requirement of a large K+-uptake capacity and of extracytoplasmic protease activity for protamine resistance of Escherichia coli. Arch Microbiol. 1997;167:126-36 pubmed..Cells that cannot take up K+ rapidly remain metabolically compromised to such an extent that extracytoplasmic protease activity is not induced, leading to a prolonged susceptibility of the cells to the toxic peptide. ..
- Trchunian A, Vasilian A. [ATPase activity and K+ transport in membranes of anaerobically grown trk-mutants of Escherichia coli]. Biokhimiia. 1993;58:1062-70 pubmed..during changing of Rb+ concentration (but not that of Na+, CL- or NO3-) and only in the wild precursor strain and trkG (but not in trkA, trkE, or trkH mutants)...
- Stumpe -, Bakker -. Requirement of a large K+-uptake capacity and of extracytoplasmic protease activity for protamine resistance of Escherichia coli. Arch Microbiol. 1997;167:126-36 pubmed..Cells that cannot take up K+ rapidly remain metabolically compromised to such an extent that extracytoplasmic protease activity is not induced, leading to a prolonged susceptibility of the cells to the toxic peptide. ..
- Schlosser A, Hamann A, Bossemeyer D, Schneider E, Bakker E. NAD+ binding to the Escherichia coli K(+)-uptake protein TrkA and sequence similarity between TrkA and domains of a family of dehydrogenases suggest a role for NAD+ in bacterial transport. Mol Microbiol. 1993;9:533-43 pubmedThe nucleotide sequence of trkA, a gene encoding a surface component of the constitutive K(+)-uptake systems TrkG and TrkH from Escherichia coli, was determined...
- Trchunian A, Durgar ian S, Ogandzhanian E, Ter Nikogosian V, Vardanian A. [The capacity of anaerobically grown bacteria to exchange the 2H+ of the cell for the K+ of the medium and to maintain a high K+ distribution between cell and medium]. Nauchnye Doki Vyss Shkoly Biol Nauki. 1986;:82-8 pubmed
- Schl sser A, Meldorf M, Stumpe S, Bakker E, Epstein W. TrkH and its homolog, TrkG, determine the specificity and kinetics of cation transport by the Trk system of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:1908-10 pubmed..of 483 amino acid residues, of which 41% are identical to those of the homologous and functionally analogous TrkG protein. These two proteins form the transmembrane component of the Trk system for the uptake of K+...