Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tpnA
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Escherichia coli
- Doroshenko V, Danilevich V, Karataev G, Livshits V. [Structural and functional organization of the transposon Tn2555 carrying saccharose utilization genes]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 1988;22:645-58 pubmed..It was found that the Tn2555 family elements are flanked by directly repeated IS286. One of them (Tn2555.3) contains an additional copy of IS286 in its internal region. ..
- Perreten V, Boerlin P. A new sulfonamide resistance gene (sul3) in Escherichia coli is widespread in the pig population of Switzerland. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:1169-72 pubmed..coli. Two copies of the insertion element IS15Delta/26 flanked the region containing sul3. The sul3 gene was detected in one-third of the sulfonamide-resistant pathogenic E. coli isolates from pigs in Switzerland...
- Yamane K, Wachino J, Suzuki S, Kimura K, Shibata N, Kato H, et al. New plasmid-mediated fluoroquinolone efflux pump, QepA, found in an Escherichia coli clinical isolate. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3354-60 pubmed publisher..coli was first identified. Surveillance of the qepA-harboring clinical isolates should be encouraged to minimize further dissemination of the kind of plasmid-dependent FQ resistance determinants among pathogenic microbes...
- Papagiannitsis C, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Miriagou V. Plasmid-encoded ACC-4, an extended-spectrum cephalosporinase variant from Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3763-7 pubmed..Kinetics of beta-lactam hydrolysis and levels of resistance to beta-lactams showed that ACC-4 was more effective than ACC-1 against expanded-spectrum cephalosporins. ..
- Poirel L, Naas T, Guibert M, Chaibi E, Labia R, Nordmann P. Molecular and biochemical characterization of VEB-1, a novel class A extended-spectrum beta-lactamase encoded by an Escherichia coli integron gene. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1999;43:573-81 pubmed..Furthermore, blaVEB-1 is encoded on a large (> 100-kb) transferable plasmid found in a Klebsiella pneumoniae MG-2 isolated at the same time from the same patient, indicating a horizontal gene transfer...