Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tpiA
Description: triosephosphate isomerase
Alias: ECK3911, JW3890, tpi
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Pichersky E, Gottlieb L, Hess J. Nucleotide sequence of the triose phosphate isomerase gene of Escherichia coli. Mol Gen Genet. 1984;195:314-20 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report of the sequence of a gene coding a glycolytic enzyme from a prokaryotic organism. ..
- Fong S, Palsson B. Metabolic gene-deletion strains of Escherichia coli evolve to computationally predicted growth phenotypes. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1056-8 pubmed..These results show that computational models can be used to predict the eventual effects of genetic modifications. ..
- Otsuka Y, Koga M, Iwamoto A, Yonesaki T. A role of RnlA in the RNase LS activity from Escherichia coli. Genes Genet Syst. 2007;82:291-9 pubmed..Among these, triose phosphate isomerase exhibited a remarkable affinity to RnlA. These results suggest that RnlA plays a central role in RNase LS activity and that its activity is regulated by multiple components...
- Hauser R, Ceol A, Rajagopala S, Mosca R, Siszler G, Wermke N, et al. A second-generation protein-protein interaction network of Helicobacter pylori. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2014;13:1318-29 pubmed publisher..coli of which one third turned out to be conserved in both species. ..
- Kirkpatrick C, Maurer L, Oyelakin N, Yoncheva Y, Maurer R, Slonczewski J. Acetate and formate stress: opposite responses in the proteome of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:6466-77 pubmed
- Tiwari N, Woods L, Haley R, Kight A, Goforth R, Clark K, et al. Identification and characterization of native proteins of Escherichia coli BL-21 that display affinity towards Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography and Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography Matrices. Protein Expr Purif. 2010;70:191-5 pubmed publisher..coli strain(s) deficient in certain genomic proteins, and the design of an IMAC-HIC affinity tail for recombinant protein isolation based on the very proteins deleted from the genome. ..