Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tnpAIS26cp4
Species: Escherichia coli
- Perreten V, Boerlin P. A new sulfonamide resistance gene (sul3) in Escherichia coli is widespread in the pig population of Switzerland. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:1169-72 pubmed..coli. Two copies of the insertion element IS15Delta/26 flanked the region containing sul3. The sul3 gene was detected in one-third of the sulfonamide-resistant pathogenic E. coli isolates from pigs in Switzerland...
- Wrighton C, Strike P. A pathway for the evolution of the plasmid NTP16 involving the novel kanamycin resistance transposon Tn4352. Plasmid. 1987;17:37-45 pubmed..The sequence analysis suggests that the initial insertion was into the tnpR gene of the ampicillin transposon, followed by a deletion extending to a specific site within tnpA. ..
- Woodford N, Ward M, Kaufmann M, Turton J, Fagan E, James D, et al. Community and hospital spread of Escherichia coli producing CTX-M extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in the UK. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004;54:735-43 pubmed publisher..Because of the public health implications, including for the treatment of community-acquired urinary tract infections, the spread of these strains--and CTX-M-15 beta-lactamase in particular--merits close monitoring...
- Papagiannitsis C, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Miriagou V. Plasmid-encoded ACC-4, an extended-spectrum cephalosporinase variant from Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3763-7 pubmed..Kinetics of beta-lactam hydrolysis and levels of resistance to beta-lactams showed that ACC-4 was more effective than ACC-1 against expanded-spectrum cephalosporins. ..
- Papagiannitsis C, Loli A, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Arlet G, Miriagou V. SCO-1, a novel plasmid-mediated class A beta-lactamase with carbenicillinase characteristics from Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:2185-8 pubmed..The interaction of SCO-1 with beta-lactams was similar to that of the CARB-type enzymes. Also, SCO-1 exhibited a 51% amino acid sequence identity with the RTG subgroup of chromosomal carbenicillinases (RTG-1, CARB-5, and CARB-8). ..