Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tdh
Description: L-threonine 3-dehydrogenase, NAD(P)-binding
Alias: ECK3606, JW3591
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Ravnikar P, Somerville R. Localization of the structural gene for threonine dehydrogenase in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1986;168:434-6 pubmedThe threonine dehydrogenase (tdh) gene of Escherichia coli, cloned within the plasmid pDR121, was inactivated in vitro by inserting a segment of DNA carrying the chloramphenicol acetyltransferase (cat) gene...
- Boylan S, Dekker E. L-Threonine dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli K-12. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1978;85:190-7 pubmed
- Kim Y, Park J, Cho J, Cho K, Park Y, Lee J. Proteomic response analysis of a threonine-overproducing mutant of Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 2004;381:823-9 pubmed..coli mutant. ..
- Anjem A, Imlay J. Mononuclear iron enzymes are primary targets of hydrogen peroxide stress. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15544-56 pubmed publisher..The implication is that mononuclear metalloproteins are common targets of H(2)O(2) and that both structural and metabolic arrangements exist to protect them. ..
- Boylan S, Dekker E. Growth, enzyme levels, and some metabolic properties of an Escherichia coli mutant grown on L-threonine as the sole carbon source. J Bacteriol. 1983;156:273-80 pubmed..SBD-76 cells grown on L-threonine excreted glycine and aminoacetone into the medium, and extracts of the mutant strain catalyzed a quantitative conversion of L-threonine to glycine and aminoacetone. ..
- Craig P, Dekker E. The sulfhydryl content of L-threonine dehydrogenase from Escherichia coli K-12: relation to catalytic activity and Mn2+ activation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1037:30-8 pubmed..Specific alkylation of one -SH group/enzyme subunit apparently causes protein conformational changes that entail a loss of catalytic activity and the ability to bind Mn2+. ..
- Landgraf J, Levinthal M, Danchin A. The role of H-NS in one carbon metabolism. Biochimie. 1994;76:1063-70 pubmed..We show that H-NS is involved in the transcriptional regulation of the kbl/tdh operon, which is also Lrp regulated...
- Marcus J, Dekker E. Threonine formation via the coupled activity of 2-amino-3-ketobutyrate coenzyme A lyase and threonine dehydrogenase. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:6505-11 pubmed..A constructed strain of E. coli, MD901 (glyA thrB/C tdh), was unable to grow unless both glycine and threonine were added to defined rich medium...