Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: talA
Description: transaldolase A
Alias: ECK2459, JW2448
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Kleijn R, van Winden W, van Gulik W, Heijnen J. Revisiting the 13C-label distribution of the non-oxidative branch of the pentose phosphate pathway based upon kinetic and genetic evidence. FEBS J. 2005;272:4970-82 pubmed..Results show that the inclusion of isoenzymes affects the ensuing flux estimates. ..
- Iida A, Teshiba S, Mizobuchi K. Identification and characterization of the tktB gene encoding a second transketolase in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:5375-83 pubmed..Analysis of the phenotypes of the strains containing tktA, tktB, or tktA tktB mutations indicated that tktA and tktB were responsible for major and minor activities, respectively, of transketolase in E. coli. ..
- González García E, Helaine V, Klein G, Schuermann M, Sprenger G, Fessner W, et al. Fluorogenic stereochemical probes for transaldolases. Chemistry. 2003;9:893-9 pubmed..The stereoselectivity of transaldolases can be readily measured by the relative rates of fluorescence development in the presence of the latter pair of diastereomeric substrates. ..
- Kang Y, Weber K, Qiu Y, Kiley P, Blattner F. Genome-wide expression analysis indicates that FNR of Escherichia coli K-12 regulates a large number of genes of unknown function. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1135-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that E. coli MG1655 has a larger metabolic potential under anaerobic conditions than has been previously recognized...
- Weber H, Polen T, Heuveling J, Wendisch V, Hengge R. Genome-wide analysis of the general stress response network in Escherichia coli: sigmaS-dependent genes, promoters, and sigma factor selectivity. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1591-603 pubmed..Thus, not only the expression of genes within a regulatory network but also the architecture of the network itself can be subject to regulation. ..
- Song B, Kim T, Jung Y, Lee Y. Modulation of talA gene in pentose phosphate pathway for overproduction of poly-beta-hydroxybutyrate in transformant Escherichia coli harboring phbCAB operon. J Biosci Bioeng. 2006;102:237-40 pubmedThe talA gene encoding transaldolase, the key enzyme in the nonoxidative pentose phosphate pathway, was amplified in a transformant Escherichia coli harboring the phbCAB operon to shift the metabolic flux of the hexose mono-phosphate ..
- Rahman M, Shimizu K. Altered acetate metabolism and biomass production in several Escherichia coli mutants lacking rpoS-dependent metabolic pathway genes. Mol Biosyst. 2008;4:160-9 pubmed publisher..In the present study, batch cultivations were performed using tktB, talA, fumC or acnA-knockout mutants of Escherichia coli to observe the metabolic changes at different phases of growth ..
- Harinarayanan R, Murphy H, Cashel M. Synthetic growth phenotypes of Escherichia coli lacking ppGpp and transketolase A (tktA) are due to ppGpp-mediated transcriptional regulation of tktB. Mol Microbiol. 2008;69:882-94 pubmed publisher..using PtalA-tktB'-lacZ transcriptional reporter fusion, we show positive transcriptional regulation of the talA-tktB operon by ppGpp...