Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sucB
Alias: ECK0715, JW0716
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Henney H, Willms C, Muramatsu T, Mukherjee B, Reed L. Alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complexes. VII. Isolation and partial characterization of the polypeptide chains in the dihydrolipoyl transacetylase of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1967;242:898-901 pubmed
- Packman L, Perham R. Chain folding in the dihydrolipoyl acyltransferase components of the 2-oxo-acid dehydrogenase complexes from Escherichia coli. Identification of a segment involved in binding the E3 subunit. FEBS Lett. 1986;206:193-8 pubmed..The relevant segment of the E2o chain from the 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complex was isolated and shown to be a folded protein which still binds to E3. ..
- Jones D, Perham R. The role of loop and beta-turn residues as structural and functional determinants for the lipoyl domain from the Escherichia coli 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complex. Biochem J. 2008;409:357-66 pubmed..The surface loop is important to the structural integrity of the protein and together with Thr42 plays an important role in specifying the interaction of the lipoyl domain with its partner E1o in the E. coli 2OGDH complex. ..
- Magnusson K, Philips M, Guest J, Rutberg L. Nucleotide sequence of the gene for cytochrome b558 of the Bacillus subtilis succinate dehydrogenase complex. J Bacteriol. 1986;166:1067-71 pubmed..The upstream region also contains two 12-base-long direct repeats; their significance is unknown. ..
- Buck D, Spencer M, Guest J. Primary structure of the succinyl-CoA synthetase of Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 1985;24:6245-52 pubmed..citric acid cycle enzymes: gltA-sdhCDAB-sucABCD; gltA, citrate synthase; sdh, succinate dehydrogenase; sucA and sucB, the dehydrogenase (E1) and succinyltransferase (E2) components of the 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complex...
- Zhang J, Li W, Wang J, Qin M, Wang W. All-atom replica exchange molecular simulation of protein BBL. Proteins. 2008;72:1038-47 pubmed publisher..Compared with the experimental data (Sadqi et al., Nature 2006; 442:317), our results indicate that the Naf-BBL (pH5.3) may have an even lower barrier height and cooperativity. ..
- Buck D, Guest J. Overexpression and site-directed mutagenesis of the succinyl-CoA synthetase of Escherichia coli and nucleotide sequence of a gene (g30) that is adjacent to the suc operon. Biochem J. 1989;260:737-47 pubmed..Possible roles for GENA and P30 as transcriptional regulators of the adjacent operons encoding the pyruvate and 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complexes are discussed. ..
- Frank R, Kay C, Hirst J, Luisi B. Off-pathway, oxygen-dependent thiamine radical in the Krebs cycle. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:1662-8 pubmed publisher..This off-pathway reaction may account for metabolic dysfunction associated with several neurodegenerative diseases. The possibility that the on-pathway reaction may proceed via a radical mechanism is discussed. ..
- Otsuka Y, Koga M, Iwamoto A, Yonesaki T. A role of RnlA in the RNase LS activity from Escherichia coli. Genes Genet Syst. 2007;82:291-9 pubmed..Among these, triose phosphate isomerase exhibited a remarkable affinity to RnlA. These results suggest that RnlA plays a central role in RNase LS activity and that its activity is regulated by multiple components...
- Murphy G, Jensen G. Electron cryotomography of the E. coli pyruvate and 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complexes. Structure. 2005;13:1765-73 pubmed..This result demonstrates unambiguously that electron cryotomography can reveal the relative positions of features as small as 80 kDa in individual complexes, elucidating quaternary structure and conformational flexibility. ..
- Bryk R, Lima C, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Nathan C. Metabolic enzymes of mycobacteria linked to antioxidant defense by a thioredoxin-like protein. Science. 2002;295:1073-7 pubmed..Dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase (Lpd) and dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase (SucB) are components of alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase complexes that are central to intermediary metabolism...
- Ma C, Sim S, Shi W, Du L, Xing D, Zhang Y. Energy production genes sucB and ubiF are involved in persister survival and tolerance to multiple antibiotics and stresses in Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;303:33-40 pubmed publisher..b>sucB and ubiF mutants deficient in energy production were identified from the mutant screens to have defective persister ..
- Packman L, Green B, Perham R. Lipoylation of the E2 components of the 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase multienzyme complexes of Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 1991;277 ( Pt 1):153-8 pubmed
- Cunningham L, Guest J. Transcription and transcript processing in the sdhCDAB-sucABCD operon of Escherichia coli. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 8):2113-23 pubmed..Other sites of endonuclease processing were located by interpreting the patterns of transcript subfragments observed in Northern blotting. ..
- Apfel M, Ikeda B, Speckhard D, Frey P. Escherichia coli pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. Thiamin pyrophosphate-dependent inactivation by 3-bromopyruvate. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:2905-9 pubmed..The sulfhydryl groups of S-bromoacetyl dihydrolipoyl moieties generated by reductive bromoacetylation are then alkylated by 3-bromopyruvate as well as by bromoacetyl thioester groups associated with the complex. ..
- Spencer M, Guest J. Molecular cloning of four tricarboxylic acid cyclic genes of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1982;151:542-52 pubmed..succinate dehydrogenase (sdh), 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase (sucA), and dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase (sucB), were isolated and characterized by their transducing and complementing activities with corresponding mutants, and ..
- Nguyen S, To H, Yamaguchi T, Fukushi H, Hirai K. Characterization of the Coxiella burnetti sucB gene encoding an immunogenic dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase. Microbiol Immunol. 1999;43:743-9 pubmedThe Coxiella burnetii sucB gene encoding the dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase (E2o) enzyme was cloned by immunological screening of a lambda EMBL3 genomic library prepared from strain Nine Mile DNA and sequenced...
- Wood D, Darlison M, Wilde R, Guest J. Nucleotide sequence encoding the flavoprotein and hydrophobic subunits of the succinate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 1984;222:519-34 pubmed..These proteins resemble in size and composition, but not sequence, the membrane anchor proteins of fumarate reductase (the frdC and frdD gene products). ..
- Wright G. On the road to bacterial cell death. Cell. 2007;130:781-3 pubmed..In this issue, Kohanski et al. (2007) provide evidence that the production of reactive oxygen species is a shared mechanism of cell death initiated by bactericidal antibiotics. ..
- Perham R, Packman L, Radford S. 2-Oxo acid dehydrogenase multi-enzyme complexes: in the beginning and halfway there. Biochem Soc Symp. 1987;54:67-81 pubmed..m.r. spectroscopy and the methods of protein engineering are providing important insights into the mechanics of these processes, with more general implications for the design principles of macromolecular assemblies. ..
- Packman L, Perham R. Limited proteolysis and sequence analysis of the 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase complexes from Escherichia coli. Cleavage sites and domains in the dihydrolipoamide acyltransferase components. Biochem J. 1987;242:531-8 pubmed..work, an error was detected in the sequence of E2o inferred from the previously published sequence of the encoding gene, sucB. The relevant peptides from E2o were purified and sequenced by direct means; an amended sequence is presented.
- Perham R, Packman L. 2-Oxo acid dehydrogenase multienzyme complexes: domains, dynamics, and design. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1989;573:1-20 pubmed
- Ricaud P, Howard M, Roberts E, Broadhurst R, Perham R. Three-dimensional structure of the lipoyl domain from the dihydrolipoyl succinyltransferase component of the 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1996;264:179-90 pubmed
- Garcia Mira M, Sadqi M, Fischer N, Sanchez Ruiz J, MUNOZ V. Experimental identification of downhill protein folding. Science. 2002;298:2191-5 pubmed..Because of BBL's biological function, we propose that downhill folders may be molecular rheostats, in which effects could be modulated by altering the distribution of an ensemble of structures. ..
- Darlison M, Spencer M, Guest J. Nucleotide sequence of the sucA gene encoding the 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli K12. Eur J Biochem. 1984;141:351-9 pubmed..This segment also contains three putative RNA polymerase binding sites and a good ribosome binding site. ..
- Yu B, Sung B, Lee J, Son S, Kim M, Kim S. sucAB and sucCD are mutually essential genes in Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;254:245-50 pubmed..1% arabinose, but not in the absence of arabinose unless the medium was supplemented with succinyl-CoA. Our results indicate that either sucAB or sucCD is enough to produce succinyl-CoA that is essential for cell viability. ..
- Robien M, Clore G, Omichinski J, Perham R, Appella E, Sakaguchi K, et al. Three-dimensional solution structure of the E3-binding domain of the dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase core from the 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex of Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 1992;31:3463-71 pubmed..This report presents the first structure of an E3-binding domain from a 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase complex.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..