Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rseB
Description: periplasmic negative regulator of sigmaE
Species: Escherichia coli O157:H7 str. Sakai
- Yu H, Schurr M, Deretic V. Functional equivalence of Escherichia coli sigma E and Pseudomonas aeruginosa AlgU: E. coli rpoE restores mucoidy and reduces sensitivity to reactive oxygen intermediates in algU mutants of P. aeruginosa. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:3259-68 pubmed..aeruginosa and suggest that elements showing sequence similarity to those known to regulate AlgU activity in P. aeruginosa are also present in other bacteria...
- Nashimoto H, Uchida H. DNA sequencing of the Escherichia coli ribonuclease III gene and its mutations. Mol Gen Genet. 1985;201:25-9 pubmed..coli. ..
- Collinet B, Yuzawa H, Chen T, Herrera C, Missiakas D. RseB binding to the periplasmic domain of RseA modulates the RseA:sigmaE interaction in the cytoplasm and the availability of sigmaE.RNA polymerase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:33898-904 pubmed..The C-terminal domain of RseA interacts with RseB, a periplasmic protein...
- Alba B, Leeds J, Onufryk C, Lu C, Gross C. DegS and YaeL participate sequentially in the cleavage of RseA to activate the sigma(E)-dependent extracytoplasmic stress response. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2156-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, mammalian and bacterial cells employ a conserved proteolytic mechanism to activate membrane-associated transcription factors that initiate intercompartmental cellular stress responses...
- Morrison P, Lovett S, Gilson L, Kolodner R. Molecular analysis of the Escherichia coli recO gene. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:3641-9 pubmed..A combination of primary sequence analysis and secondary structure predictions suggested that recO contains a mononucleotide-binding fold. ..
- Bianchi A, Baneyx F. Hyperosmotic shock induces the sigma32 and sigmaE stress regulons of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1999;34:1029-38 pubmed
- Kanehara K, Ito K, Akiyama Y. YaeL (EcfE) activates the sigma(E) pathway of stress response through a site-2 cleavage of anti-sigma(E), RseA. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2147-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, YaeL is positively required for the sigma(E) extracytoplasmic stress response...