Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpmB
Description: 50S ribosomal subunit protein L28
Alias: ECK3627, JW3612
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Maguire B, Wild D. The effects of mutations in the rpmB,G operon of Escherichia coli on ribosome assembly and ribosomal protein synthesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1353:137-47 pubmedThe rpmB,G operon of Escherichia coli codes for proteins L28 and L33 of the larger (50S) ribosomal subunit. Strains with mutations in this operon can help define the roles of these proteins in ribosome synthesis and function...
- Wittmann Liebold B, Marzinzig E. Primary structure of protein L28 from the large subunit of Escherichia coli ribosomes. FEBS Lett. 1977;81:214-7 pubmed
- Urlaub H, Kruft V, Bischof O, Müller E, Wittmann Liebold B. Protein-rRNA binding features and their structural and functional implications in ribosomes as determined by cross-linking studies. EMBO J. 1995;14:4578-88 pubmed
- Zheng C, Yang L, Hoopmann M, Eng J, Tang X, Weisbrod C, et al. Cross-linking measurements of in vivo protein complex topologies. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M110.006841 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our unbiased data provide novel in vivo topological information that can impact understanding of biological function, even for cases where high resolution structures are not yet available. ..
- Hoving S, Munchbach M, Schmid H, Signor L, Lehmann A, Staudenmann W, et al. A method for the chemical generation of N-terminal peptide sequence tags for rapid protein identification. Anal Chem. 2000;72:1006-14 pubmed..We show that chemical tagging is a viable first-pass high-throughput identification method to be used prior to an in depth MS/MS analysis. ..
- Sköld S. RNA-protein complexes identified by crosslinking of polysomes. Biochimie. 1981;63:53-60 pubmed..Additional crosslinked complexes were observed between 16S RNA and S1, S2 as well as S6 from the 30S subunit; and between 23S RNA and L10, L11, L7/12 from the 50S subunit. ..
- Redl B, Walleczek J, Stoffler Meilicke M, Stoffler G. Immunoblotting analysis of protein-protein crosslinks within the 50S ribosomal subunit of Escherichia coli. A study using dimethylsuberimidate as crosslinking reagent. Eur J Biochem. 1989;181:351-6 pubmed..We can now propose the approximate locations of ten proteins that have not previously been localized. ..
- Spitzer E, Weiss B. dfp Gene of Escherichia coli K-12, a locus affecting DNA synthesis, codes for a flavoprotein. J Bacteriol. 1985;164:994-1003 pubmed..dfp is located between the rpmB and dut genes at 81 min on the linkage map of Escherichia coli K-12...
- Zhao Q, Ofverstedt L, Skoglund U, Isaksson L. Morphological variation of individual Escherichia coli 50S ribosomal subunits in situ, as revealed by cryo-electron tomography. Exp Cell Res. 2004;300:190-201 pubmed..In addition, gross morphological heterogeneity was observed in the reconstructions. Our results demonstrate a considerable structural variability among individual 50S subunits in the intracellular environment. ..
- Gifford C, Wallace S. The genes encoding formamidopyrimidine and MutY DNA glycosylases in Escherichia coli are transcribed as part of complex operons. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:4223-36 pubmed..fpg is the terminal gene in an operon with the gene order radC, rpmB, rpmG, and fpg...
- Walleczek J, Martin T, Redl B, Stoffler Meilicke M, Stoffler G. Comparative cross-linking study on the 50S ribosomal subunit from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 1989;28:4099-105 pubmed..Incorporation of our cross-linking results into the three-dimensional model of the 50S ribosomal subunit derived from immunoelectron microscopy yields the locations for 29 of the 33 proteins within the larger ribosomal subunit. ..
- Dabbs E, Hasenbank R, Kastner B, Rak K, Wartusch B, Stoffler G. Immunological studies of Escherichia coli mutants lacking one or two ribosomal proteins. Mol Gen Genet. 1983;192:301-8 pubmed..In several mutants in which a protein was not missing but altered, it was present as several moieties of differing charge and size. ..