Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rplM
Description: 50S ribosomal subunit protein L13
Alias: ECK3220, JW3200
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Walleczek J, Redl B, Stoffler Meilicke M, Stoffler G. Protein-protein cross-linking of the 50 S ribosomal subunit of Escherichia coli using 2-iminothiolane. Identification of cross-links by immunoblotting techniques. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:4231-7 pubmed
- Muralikrishna P, Cooperman B. Ribosomal components neighboring the 2475 loop in Escherichia coli 50S subunits. Biochemistry. 1995;34:115-21 pubmed..The implications of these results for the evolving model of the internal structure of the 50S subunit are considered. ..
- Tumminia S, Hellmann W, Wall J, Boublik M. Visualization of protein-nucleic acid interactions involved in the in vitro assembly of the Escherichia coli 50 S ribosomal subunit. J Mol Biol. 1994;235:1239-50 pubmed..These mass centers merge into one central body, which is gradually enhanced and decorated with structural elements characteristic of the 50 S subunit in the latter stages of assembly. ..
- Schönfeld H, Foulaki K. Preoperative isolation of a reversible protein-protein crosslink generated in 50 S subunits of Escherichia coli ribosomes and identification of its components. Anal Biochem. 1987;164:23-30 pubmed..Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and immunological results established L13 and L21 as the components of this crosslink. ..
- Dabbs E. The gene for ribosomal protein L13, rplM, is located near argR, at about 70 minutes on the Escherichia coli chromosomal linkage map. J Bacteriol. 1982;149:779-82 pubmed..of Escherichia coli with alterations in the electrophoretic mobility of ribosomal protein L13 were used to locate rplM, the gene for this protein, on the chromosomal linkage map...
- Redl B, Walleczek J, Stoffler Meilicke M, Stoffler G. Immunoblotting analysis of protein-protein crosslinks within the 50S ribosomal subunit of Escherichia coli. A study using dimethylsuberimidate as crosslinking reagent. Eur J Biochem. 1989;181:351-6 pubmed..We can now propose the approximate locations of ten proteins that have not previously been localized. ..
- Bowen W, Van Dyke N, Murgola E, Lodmell J, Hill W. Interaction of thiostrepton and elongation factor-G with the ribosomal protein L11-binding domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2934-43 pubmed..The implications for recent models of thiostrepton activity and factor interactions are discussed. ..
- Barritault D, Expert Bezançon A, Milet M. [Nearest-neighbor relationships among 50S ribosomal proteins of E. coli]. C R Acad Sci Hebd Seances Acad Sci D. 1975;281:1043-6 pubmed..The vicinity of these proteins in the ribosome is discussed. ..
- Osswald M, Greuer B, Brimacombe R. Localization of a series of RNA-protein cross-link sites in the 23S and 5S ribosomal RNA from Escherichia coli, induced by treatment of 50S subunits with three different bifunctional reagents. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6755-60 pubmed..Cross-links to 5S RNA were observed with L5 (positions 34-41), and L18 (precise site not localised). ..
- Spierer P, Zimmermann R. RNA-protein interactions in the ribosome. Binding of proteins L1, L3, L6, L13 and L23 to specific fragments of the 23S RNA. FEBS Lett. 1976;68:71-5 pubmed
- Hoving S, Munchbach M, Schmid H, Signor L, Lehmann A, Staudenmann W, et al. A method for the chemical generation of N-terminal peptide sequence tags for rapid protein identification. Anal Chem. 2000;72:1006-14 pubmed..We show that chemical tagging is a viable first-pass high-throughput identification method to be used prior to an in depth MS/MS analysis. ..
- Tejedor F, Amils R, Ballesta J. Photoaffinity labeling of the pactamycin binding site on eubacterial ribosomes. Biochemistry. 1985;24:3667-72 pubmed..The major labeled proteins are S2, S4, S18, S21, and L13. These proteins in the pactamycin binding site are probably related to the initiation step of protein synthesis. ..
- Sköld S. RNA-protein complexes identified by crosslinking of polysomes. Biochimie. 1981;63:53-60 pubmed..Additional crosslinked complexes were observed between 16S RNA and S1, S2 as well as S6 from the 30S subunit; and between 23S RNA and L10, L11, L7/12 from the 50S subunit. ..
- Aseev L, Koledinskaya L, Boni I. Regulation of Ribosomal Protein Operons rplM-rpsI, rpmB-rpmG, and rplU-rpmA at the Transcriptional and Translational Levels. J Bacteriol. 2016;198:2494-502 pubmed publisher..This paper describes for the first time the in vivo regulation of three r-protein operons, rplM-rpsI, rpmB-rpmG, and rplU-rpmA The results demonstrate that transcription of all three operons is subject to ppGpp/..
- Katayama A, Tsujii A, Wada A, Nishino T, Ishihama A. Systematic search for zinc-binding proteins in Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:2403-13 pubmed..transketolase isozymes (TktA/TktB), translation elongation factor Ts (Tsf), ribosomal proteins L2 (RplB), L13 (RplM) and one of S15 (RpsO), S16 (RpsP) or S17 (RpsQ)...
- Mende L. The primary structure of protein L13 from the large subunit of Escherichia coli ribosomes. FEBS Lett. 1978;96:313-6 pubmed
- Yoshida H, Maki Y, Kato H, Fujisawa H, Izutsu K, Wada C, et al. The ribosome modulation factor (RMF) binding site on the 100S ribosome of Escherichia coli. J Biochem. 2002;132:983-9 pubmed..We suggest that this conversion of 70S to 100S ribosomes represents a newly identified stage of the ribosomal cycle in stationary phase cells, and we have termed it the "Hibernation" stage. ..
- Kaczanowska M, Ryden Aulin M. Temperature sensitivity caused by mutant release factor 1 is suppressed by mutations that affect 16S rRNA maturation. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:3046-55 pubmed..The first mutation disrupts a base pair in the transcription terminator stem for the rplM-rpsI operon, which encodes ribosomal proteins L13 and S9...
- Krassnigg F, Erdmann V, Fasold H. The synthesis of a photoreactive puromycin analogue and its application for labeling proteins in the 50-S subunit of Escherichia coli ribosomes. Eur J Biochem. 1978;87:439-43 pubmed..On the basis of the affinity label used and supportive data from the literature, it is concluded that these proteins are at the active center of the 50-S particle and probably belong to the region of the ribosomal A site. ..