Gene Symbol: rplE
Description: 50S ribosomal subunit protein L5
Alias: ECK3295, JW3270
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Osswald M, Doring T, Brimacombe R. The ribosomal neighbourhood of the central fold of tRNA: cross-links from position 47 of tRNA located at the A, P or E site. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:4635-41 pubmed..In most (but not all) cases, more precise localizations of the cross-link sites could be made by primer extension analysis. ..
- Hoving S, Munchbach M, Schmid H, Signor L, Lehmann A, Staudenmann W, et al. A method for the chemical generation of N-terminal peptide sequence tags for rapid protein identification. Anal Chem. 2000;72:1006-14 pubmed..We show that chemical tagging is a viable first-pass high-throughput identification method to be used prior to an in depth MS/MS analysis. ..
- Campbell T, Brown E. Genetic interaction screens with ordered overexpression and deletion clone sets implicate the Escherichia coli GTPase YjeQ in late ribosome biogenesis. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:2537-45 pubmed publisher..Taken in context, our work is most consistent with the hypothesis that YjeQ has a role in late 30S subunit biogenesis. ..
- Chen R, Ehrke G. The primary structure of the 5 S RNA binding protein L5 of Escherichia coli ribosomes. FEBS Lett. 1976;69:240-5 pubmed
- Shpanchenko O, Zvereva M, Dontsova O, Nierhaus K, Bogdanov A. 5S rRNA sugar-phosphate backbone protection in complexes with specific ribosomal proteins. FEBS Lett. 1996;394:71-5 pubmed..The protection pattern differs from that for individual proteins because of the possible rearrangement of the structure. ..
- Ostergaard P, Phan H, Johansen L, Egebjerg J, Ostergaard L, Porse B, et al. Assembly of proteins and 5 S rRNA to transcripts of the major structural domains of 23 S rRNA. J Mol Biol. 1998;284:227-40 pubmed..A similar approach was used to map the putative binding regions on domain V of protein L9 and the 5 S RNA-L5-L18 complex. ..
- Korepanov A, Korobeinikova A, Shestakov S, Garber M, Gongadze G. Protein L5 is crucial for in vivo assembly of the bacterial 50S ribosomal subunit central protuberance. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9153-9 pubmed publisher..A possible model for the CP assembly in vivo is discussed in view of the data obtained...