Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: recT
Description: Rac prophage; recombination and repair protein
Alias: ECK1346, JW1343
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Clark A, Sharma V, Brenowitz S, Chu C, Sandler S, Satin L, et al. Genetic and molecular analyses of the C-terminal region of the recE gene from the Rac prophage of Escherichia coli K-12 reveal the recT gene. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7673-82 pubmed..of the Rac prophage of Escherichia coli K-12 reveals the presence of a partially overlapping reading frame we call recT. Deletion mutations show that recT is required for the RecE pathway of conjugational recombination...
- Barbour S, Nagaishi H, Templin A, Clark A. Biochemical and genetic studies of recombination proficiency in Escherichia coli. II. Rec+ revertants caused by indirect suppression of rec- mutations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1970;67:128-35 pubmed..The ATP-independent DNase may be one of these enzymes. ..
- Takahashi N, Yoshikura H, Kobayashi I. An Escherichia coli strain, BJ5183, that shows highly efficient conservative (two-progeny) DNA double-strand break repair of restriction breaks. Gene. 2003;303:89-97 pubmed..This region was easily replaced by a RECT::Tn10 through general transduction and the resulting recT-negative derivative was defective in the conservative ..
- Brombacher E, Dorel C, Zehnder A, Landini P. The curli biosynthesis regulator CsgD co-ordinates the expression of both positive and negative determinants for biofilm formation in Escherichia coli. Microbiology. 2003;149:2847-57 pubmed..coli by contemporary activation of adhesion positive determinants (the curli-encoding csg operons and the product of the yaiC gene) and repression of negative effectors such as yagS and pepD. ..
- Noirot P, Kolodner R. DNA strand invasion promoted by Escherichia coli RecT protein. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:12274-80 pubmedThe RecT protein of Escherichia coli is a DNA-pairing protein required for the RecA-independent recombination events promoted by the RecE pathway...
- Shiraishi K, Hanada K, Iwakura Y, Ikeda H. Roles of RecJ, RecO, and RecR in RecET-mediated illegitimate recombination in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:4715-21 pubmedWe analyzed effects of overexpression of RecE and RecT on illegitimate recombination during prophage induction in Escherichia coli and found that frequencies of spontaneous and UV-induced illegitimate recombination are enhanced by ..
- Clark A, Sandler S. Homologous genetic recombination: the pieces begin to fall into place. Crit Rev Microbiol. 1994;20:125-42 pubmed..A second RecA-independent synapsis catalyzed by RecT (and RecE?) protein is now under study and a third type independent of both RecA and RecT has apparently been ..
- Ikeda H, Shiraishi K, Ogata Y. Illegitimate recombination mediated by double-strand break and end-joining in Escherichia coli. Adv Biophys. 2004;38:3-20 pubmed..In addition, we have shown that the overexpression of RecE and RecT enhances the frequencies of spontaneous and UV-induced illegitimate recombination and that the RecJ, RecF, RecO, ..
- Kowalczykowski S, Dixon D, Eggleston A, Lauder S, Rehrauer W. Biochemistry of homologous recombination in Escherichia coli. Microbiol Rev. 1994;58:401-65 pubmed..this includes the RecA, RecBCD (exonuclease V), RecE (exonuclease VIII), RecF, RecG, RecJ, RecN, RecOR, RecQ, RecT, RuvAB, RuvC, SbcCD, and SSB proteins, as well as DNA polymerase I, DNA gyrase, DNA topoisomerase I, DNA ligase, ..
- Handa N, Kobayashi I. Type III restriction is alleviated by bacteriophage (RecE) homologous recombination function but enhanced by bacterial (RecBCD) function. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:7362-73 pubmed..system, EcoP1 or EcoP15, is increased by the bacteriophage-mediated homologous recombination functions recE and recT of Rac prophage...
- Thresher R, Makhov A, Hall S, Kolodner R, Griffith J. Electron microscopic visualization of RecT protein and its complexes with DNA. J Mol Biol. 1995;254:364-71 pubmedElectron microscopy has been used to examine Escherichia coli RecT protein alone and in the complexes it forms with DNA substrates, with which it catalyzes strand exchange in vitro...