Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: queA
Description: S-adenosylmethionine:tRNA ribosyltransferase-isomerase
Alias: ECK0399, JW0395
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Pogliano K, Beckwith J. Genetic and molecular characterization of the Escherichia coli secD operon and its products. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:804-14 pubmed..this operon, and found that, in addition to secD and secF, it contains the upstream gene yajC, but not the genes queA or tgt, in contrast to previous reports...
- Dineshkumar T, Thanedar S, Subbulakshmi C, Varshney U. An unexpected absence of queuosine modification in the tRNAs of an Escherichia coli B strain. Microbiology. 2002;148:3779-87 pubmed..However, the lack of queuosine in tRNAs was not a common feature of all E. coli B strains. The tgt and queA genes in B105 were shown to be functional by their ability to complement tgt and queA mutant strains...
- Reuter K, Slany R, Ullrich F, Kersten H. Structure and organization of Escherichia coli genes involved in biosynthesis of the deazaguanine derivative queuine, a nutrient factor for eukaryotes. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:2256-64 pubmed..This gene was designated queA. The genes are arranged in the following order: ORF 14 (transcribed in the counterclockwise direction), queA, tgt, ..
- Okada N, Noguchi S, Nishimura S, Ohgi T, Goto T, Crain P, et al. Structure determination of a nucleoside Q precursor isolated from E. coli tRNA: 7-(aminomethyl)-7-deazaguanosine. Nucleic Acids Res. 1978;5:2289-96 pubmed..The same molecule is also found in tRNA of an E. coli mutant selected for deficient synthesis of modified nucleosides. ..
- Phillipson D, Edmonds C, Crain P, Smith D, Davis D, McCloskey J. Isolation and structure elucidation of an epoxide derivative of the hypermodified nucleoside queuosine from Escherichia coli transfer RNA. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:3462-71 pubmed..The present finding constitutes the first report of epoxide formation during post-transcriptional processing of RNA. ..
- Grimm C, Klebe G, Ficner R, Reuter K. Screening orthologs as an important variable in crystallization: preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of the tRNA-modifying enzyme S-adenosyl-methionine:tRNA ribosyl transferase/isomerase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:484-8 pubmedThe genes encoding the tRNA-modifying enzyme S-adenosylmethionine:tRNA ribosyl transferase/isomerase (QueA) from 12 eubacterial sources were overexpressed in Escherichia coli and the resulting products were purified to homogeneity and ..
- Reczkowski R, Markham G. Structural and functional roles of cysteine 90 and cysteine 240 in S-adenosylmethionine synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18484-90 pubmed..Remarkably all of the mutants are much more thermally stable than the wild type enzyme. ..
- Harada F, Nishimura S. Possible anticodon sequences of tRNA His , tRNA Asm , and tRNA Asp from Escherichia coli B. Universal presence of nucleoside Q in the first postion of the anticondons of these transfer ribonucleic acids. Biochemistry. 1972;11:301-8 pubmed
- Slany R, Bosl M, Kersten H. Transfer and isomerization of the ribose moiety of AdoMet during the biosynthesis of queuosine tRNAs, a new unique reaction catalyzed by the QueA protein from Escherichia coli. Biochimie. 1994;76:389-93 pubmedThe enzyme QueA of E coli is involved in the biosynthesis of the hypermodified tRNA nucleoside queuosine...
- Kinzie S, Thern B, Iwata Reuyl D. Mechanistic studies of the tRNA-modifying enzyme QueA: a chemical imperative for the use of AdoMet as a "ribosyl" donor. Org Lett. 2000;2:1307-10 pubmedformula: see text] The enzyme S-adenosylmethionine:tRNA ribosyltransferase-isomerase (QueA) catalyzes the penultimate step in the biosynthesis of the tRNA nucleoside queuosine, a unique ribosyl transfer from the cofactor S-..
- Lucht J, Boos W, Bremer E. Alignment of genes from the 9-minute region (araJ to tsx) of the Escherichia coli K-12 linkage map to the physical map. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1709-10 pubmed
- Iwata Reuyl D. Biosynthesis of the 7-deazaguanosine hypermodified nucleosides of transfer RNA. Bioorg Chem. 2003;31:24-43 pubmed..guanine in the biosynthesis of both nucleosides, and S-adenosylmethionine:tRNA ribosyltransferase-isomerase (QueA), which catalyzes the penultimate step in the biosynthesis of queuosine, the construction of the carbocyclic side ..
- Frey B, McCloskey J, Kersten W, Kersten H. New function of vitamin B12: cobamide-dependent reduction of epoxyqueuosine to queuosine in tRNAs of Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:2078-82 pubmed..Under these conditions, the biosynthesis of cobalamin was induced. The results suggest that oQ is derived from ribose and that oQ is finally reduced to Q by a cobamide-dependent enzyme. ..
- Mueller S, Slany R. Structural analysis of the interaction of the tRNA modifying enzymes Tgt and QueA with a substrate tRNA. FEBS Lett. 1995;361:259-64 pubmedThe enzymes tRNA guanine-transglycosylase (Tgt) and S-adenosylmethionine :tRNA ribosyltransferase-isomerase (QueA) participate in the biosynthesis of the hypermodified tRNA nucleoside queuosine (Q) in Escherichia coli...