Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pstC
Description: phosphate ABC transporter permease
Alias: ECK3720, JW3705, phoW
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Rosenberg H, Gerdes R, Chegwidden K. Two systems for the uptake of phosphate in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1977;131:505-11 pubmed..In strains in which both systems were fully operative, the initial rates of uptake was nearly additive, and the systems appeared to interact with a common intracellular phosphate pool. ..
- Rao N, Torriani A. Molecular aspects of phosphate transport in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1990;4:1083-90 pubmed..The channel consists of two proteins, PstA and PstC, which have six and five transmembrane helices, respectively...
- Torriani A. From cell membrane to nucleotides: the phosphate regulon in Escherichia coli. Bioessays. 1990;12:371-6 pubmed..alkaline phosphatase) by high Pi concentrations in the medium requires the presence of an intact Pst operon (pstS, pstC, pstA, pstB and phoU) and phoR...
- Cox G, Webb D, Godovac Zimmermann J, Rosenberg H. Arg-220 of the PstA protein is required for phosphate transport through the phosphate-specific transport system in Escherichia coli but not for alkaline phosphatase repression. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:2283-6 pubmed..Neither the Arg-170----Gln nor the Glu-173----Gln mutation affected phosphate transport. The results are discussed in relation to a proposed structure of the PstA protein. ..
- Magota K, Otsuji N, Miki T, Horiuchi T, Tsunasawa S, Kondo J, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the phoS gene, the structural gene for the phosphate-binding protein of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1984;157:909-17 pubmed..the nucleotide sequence of the regulatory region of phoS was compared with those of phoA and phoE, the genes constituting the pho regulon. ..
- Cox G, Rosenberg H, Downie J, Silver S. Genetic analysis of mutants affected in the Pst inorganic phosphate transport system. J Bacteriol. 1981;148:1-9 pubmed..The gene order was concluded to be pstA-(pstB-phoT)-phoS, with the pstA gene promotor proximal and the direction of transcription opposite to that of the nearby unc operon. ..
- Aguena M, Spira B. RT-PCR of long prokaryotic operon transcripts without DNase treatment. J Microbiol Methods. 2003;55:419-23 pubmed..To avoid amplification of genomic DNA, the hybrid-primer molecules that were not incorporated into the first-strand cDNA were removed by RNase H treatment followed by ultrafiltration...