Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pstA
Description: phosphate ABC transporter permease
Alias: ECK3719, JW3704, R2pho, phoR2b, phoT
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Aguena M, Spira B. RT-PCR of long prokaryotic operon transcripts without DNase treatment. J Microbiol Methods. 2003;55:419-23 pubmed..To avoid amplification of genomic DNA, the hybrid-primer molecules that were not incorporated into the first-strand cDNA were removed by RNase H treatment followed by ultrafiltration...
- Rosen B, Liu Z. Transport pathways for arsenic and selenium: a minireview. Environ Int. 2009;35:512-5 pubmed publisher..In this review we discuss the membrane proteins that transport arsenic and selenium into cells, from bacteria to humans, as well as some of the efflux proteins involved in detoxification. ..
- Amemura M, Makino K, Shinagawa H, Kobayashi A, Nakata A. Nucleotide sequence of the genes involved in phosphate transport and regulation of the phosphate regulon in Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1985;184:241-50 pubmedThe pstA(=phoT), pstB and phoU genes are situated at 84 minutes on the Escherichia coli genetic map...
- Surin B, Rosenberg H, Cox G. Phosphate-specific transport system of Escherichia coli: nucleotide sequence and gene-polypeptide relationships. J Bacteriol. 1985;161:189-98 pubmed..The complete sequence is transcribed counterclockwise, in the order phoS pstC pstA pstB phoU...
- Magota K, Otsuji N, Miki T, Horiuchi T, Tsunasawa S, Kondo J, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the phoS gene, the structural gene for the phosphate-binding protein of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1984;157:909-17 pubmed..the nucleotide sequence of the regulatory region of phoS was compared with those of phoA and phoE, the genes constituting the pho regulon. ..
- Steed P, Wanner B. Use of the rep technique for allele replacement to construct mutants with deletions of the pstSCAB-phoU operon: evidence of a new role for the PhoU protein in the phosphate regulon. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:6797-809 pubmed..Further, our results contradict those of M. Muda, N. N. Rao, and A. Torriani (J. Bacteriol. 174:8057-8064, 1992), who reported that the PhoU protein was required for Pi uptake. ..
- Drew D, Sj strand D, Nilsson J, Urbig T, Chin C, de Gier J, et al. Rapid topology mapping of Escherichia coli inner-membrane proteins by prediction and PhoA/GFP fusion analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2690-5 pubmed publisher..We derive new topology models for 12 inner-membrane proteins: MarC, PstA, TatC, YaeL, YcbM, YddQ, YdgE, YedZ, YgjV, YiaB, YigG, and YnfA...
- Aguena M, Yagil E, Spira B. Transcriptional analysis of the pst operon of Escherichia coli. Mol Genet Genomics. 2002;268:518-24 pubmed..of Escherichia coli, which encodes the phosphate-specific transport system, is composed of five genes, pstS, pstC, pstA, pstB and phoU, whose transcription is induced by phosphate starvation...