Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: proA
Description: gamma-glutamylphosphate reductase
Alias: ECK0244, JW0233, pro
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Hayzer D, Leisinger T. Proline biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. Purification and characterisation of glutamate-semialdehyde dehydrogenase. Eur J Biochem. 1982;121:561-5 pubmed..High initial levels of the enzyme were achieved by using a multicopy ColEl-pro A, B hybrid plasmid. The protein has a molecular weight of 1...
- Hayzer D. Sub-cloning of the wild-type proAB region of the Escherichia coli genome. J Gen Microbiol. 1983;129:3215-25 pubmedThe genes proA and proB encoding the first two enzymes of the proline biosynthetic sequence in Escherichia coli were subcloned from a ColE1 hybrid plasmid containing 23.3 kilobases of genomic DNA...
- Hadley R, Hu M, Timmons M, Yun K, Deonier R. A partial restriction map of the proA-purE region of the Escherichia coli K12 chromosome. Gene. 1983;22:281-7 pubmed..75% of these fragments have been located relative to proA, B, argF, lac, proC, purE, and various insertion sequence elements normally present in this region...
- Berg C, Rossi J. Proline excretion and indirect suppression in Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 1974;118:928-34 pubmed..In proline auxotrophs blocked at an early step in proline biosynthesis (proA or proB), reversion to prototrophy is often due to a mutation in the arginine pathway which diverts N-acetyl ..
- Inuzuka M, Miyano H, Tomoeda M. Specific action of 4-nitropyridine 1-oxide on Excherichia coli K-12 pro+ strains leading to the isolation of proline-requiring mutants: isolation and characterization of pro-mutants. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1976;10:325-32 pubmed..to glutamyl gamma-phosphate (proB(-)) or the pathway from glutamyl gamma-phosphate to glutamic gamma-semialdehyde (proA(-)) or both...
- Deutch A, Rushlow K, Smith C. Analysis of the Escherichia coli proBA locus by DNA and protein sequencing. Nucleic Acids Res. 1984;12:6337-55 pubmed..of the cI857 repressor protein resulted in the simultaneous overproduction of the proB (gamma-glutamyl kinase) and proA (gamma-glutamyl phosphate reductase) gene products...
- Hirota Y, Inuzuka M, Tomoeda M. Elective selection of proline-requiring mutants. J Bacteriol. 1966;91:2392 pubmed
- Hayzer D, Leisinger T. Proline biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. Stoichiometry and end-product identification of the reaction catalysed by glutamate semialdehyde dehydrogenase. Biochem J. 1981;197:269-74 pubmed..The end-product of the reaction is demonstrated to be 5-oxopyrrolidine-2-carboxylic acid, probably arising from the true end-product gamma-glutamyl phosphate. ..
- Nersisian A, Fedorova I, Khurges E. [Cloning of genes for proline biosynthesis in Escherichia coli]. Genetika. 1986;22:2713-20 pubmed..4 MD) carrying proAB genes was constructed. Localization of proA and proB genes on the cloned chromosome fragment was determined by complementation test and the measuring of ..
- Baich A. The biosynthesis of proline in Escherichia coli: phosphate-dependent glutamate -semialdehyde dehydrogenase (NADP), the second enzyme in the pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1971;244:129-34 pubmed
- Kershner J, Yu McLoughlin S, Kim J, Morgenthaler A, Ebmeier C, Old W, et al. A Synonymous Mutation Upstream of the Gene Encoding a Weak-Link Enzyme Causes an Ultrasensitive Response in Growth Rate. J Bacteriol. 2016;198:2853-63 pubmed publisher..the mechanisms by which growth of Escherichia coli can be improved when fitness is limited by such an enzyme, E383A ProA (ProA*)...