Gene Symbol: prmA
Description: methyltransferase for 50S ribosomal subunit protein L11
Alias: ECK3246, JW3227, prm-1, yhdI
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Bujnicki J. Sequence, structural, and evolutionary analysis of prokaryotic ribosomal protein L11 methyltransferases. Acta Microbiol Pol. 2000;49:19-29 pubmedThe Escherichia coli PrmA enzyme catalyzes methylation of the large ribosomal subunit protein L11...
- Bausch S, Poliakova E, Draper D. Interactions of the N-terminal domain of ribosomal protein L11 with thiostrepton and rRNA. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29956-63 pubmed..These measurements also show that it is plausible for thiostrepton to compete directly with EF-G.GDP for binding to the L11-RNA complex, and provide a quantitative basis for further studies of L11 function and thiostrepton mechanism. ..
- Demirci H, Gregory S, Dahlberg A, Jogl G. Recognition of ribosomal protein L11 by the protein trimethyltransferase PrmA. EMBO J. 2007;26:567-77 pubmed publisher..ribosomal protein L11 is post-translationally trimethylated at multiple residues by a single methyltransferase, PrmA. Here, we describe four structures of PrmA from the extreme thermophile Thermus thermophilus...
- Ball C, Osuna R, Ferguson K, Johnson R. Dramatic changes in Fis levels upon nutrient upshift in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:8043-56 pubmed..We suggest that the fluctuations in Fis levels may serve as an early signal of a nutritional upshift and may be important in the physiological roles Fis plays in the cell. ..
- Dognin M, Wittmann Liebold B. Purification and primary structure determination of the N-terminal blocked protein, L11, from Escherichia coli ribosomes. Eur J Biochem. 1980;112:131-51 pubmed..The protein contains 141 amino acid residues and has a molecular weight of 14874. Secondary structure predictions of the protein are given, and its sequence is compared with those of other E. coli ribosomal proteins. ..
- Vanet A, Plumbridge J, Guerin M, Alix J. Ribosomal protein methylation in Escherichia coli: the gene prmA, encoding the ribosomal protein L11 methyltransferase, is dispensable. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:947-58 pubmedThe prmA gene, located at 72 min on the Escherichia coli chromosome, is the genetic determinant of ribosomal protein L11-methyltransferase activity...