Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: prfA
Description: peptide chain release factor 1
Species: Escherichia coli CFT073
- Isolation, nucleotide sequence, and preliminary characterization of the Escherichia coli K-12 hemA geneE Verkamp
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1312
J Bacteriol 171:4728-35. 1989..Furthermore, DNA sequence analysis established that the cloned gene lay directly upstream of prfA, which encodes polypeptide chain release factor 1...
- Cloning and structure of the hem A gene of Escherichia coli K-12J M Li
Department of Biochemistry Biology City College, City University of New York, NY 10031
Gene 82:209-17. 1989..7 and mapping it precisely near RF1. We have shown that E. coli utilizes the intact five-carbon chain of glutamate for the synthesis of ALA [Li et al., J Bacteriol. 171 (1989b) 2547-2552]...
- Rapid and precise mapping of the Escherichia coli release factor genes by two physical approachesC C Lee
Institute for Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
J Bacteriol 170:4537-41. 1988..The RF2 gene is located at 62.3 min on the chromosome, while the RF1 gene is located at 26.7 min. This approach to mapping cloned genes promises to be a rapid and simple means for determining the gene order of the genome...
- Bacterial peptide chain release factors: conserved primary structure and possible frameshift regulation of release factor 2W J Craigen
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:3616-20. 1985..This may represent a mechanism of translational control of RF-2 expression. An alternative possible means of translational regulation is discussed...
- Expression of genes kdsA and kdsB involved in 3-deoxy-D-manno-octulosonic acid metabolism and biosynthesis of enterobacterial lipopolysaccharide is growth phase regulated primarily at the transcriptional level in Escherichia coli K-12H Strohmaier
Institute of Microbiology, University of Graz, Austria
J Bacteriol 177:4488-500. 1995..We have also identified two other genes, hemA and prfA, at the beginning of the cluster...
- Cloning and sequencing of a previously unidentified gene that is involved in the biosynthesis of heme in Escherichia coliT Nakayashiki
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Science, Kyoto University, Japan
Gene 153:67-70. 1995..coli chromosome. By nucleotide (nt) sequencing, it was demonstrated that hemK forms part of the hemA-prfA-hemK operon and encodes 225 amino acids that show no significant homology to any protein in the standard databases...
- A post-translational modification in the GGQ motif of RF2 from Escherichia coli stimulates termination of translationV Dincbas-Renqvist
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, BMC, S 751 24, Uppsala, Sweden
EMBO J 19:6900-7. 2000..We propose that the previously observed lethal effect of overproducing E.coli K12 RF2 arises through accumulating the defects due to lack of Gln252 methylation and Thr246 in place of alanine...
- Effects of two cis-acting mutations on the regulation and expression of release factor one in Escherichia coliAnn Dahlgren
Department of Genetics, Microbiology, and Toxicology, Stockholm University, 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochimie 86:431-8. 2004..b>prfA, the gene that codes for RF1, is located at 27 min on the Escherichia coli map as the second gene in the hemA-..