Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pMUR050_025
Species: Escherichia coli
- Sabat M, Tarrag R, Navarro F, Mir E, Verg s C, Barb J, et al. Cloning and sequence of the gene encoding a novel cefotaxime-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase (CTX-M-9) from Escherichia coli in Spain. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000;44:1970-3 pubmed..Outside of this region there are only six amino acids substitutions between both proteins...
- Yamane K, Wachino J, Suzuki S, Kimura K, Shibata N, Kato H, et al. New plasmid-mediated fluoroquinolone efflux pump, QepA, found in an Escherichia coli clinical isolate. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3354-60 pubmed publisher..coli was first identified. Surveillance of the qepA-harboring clinical isolates should be encouraged to minimize further dissemination of the kind of plasmid-dependent FQ resistance determinants among pathogenic microbes...
- Doroshenko V, Livshits V. Structure and mode of transposition of Tn2555 carrying sucrose utilization genes. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;233:353-9 pubmed..3 translocation from pBR325 to RP4 occurs via a cointegrate formation, mediated by one of the three IS26 copies, followed by its resolution due to RecA-dependent recombination between two direct IS26 copies flanking the donor replicon. ..
- Noguchi N, Emura A, Matsuyama H, O Hara K, Sasatsu M, Kono M. Nucleotide sequence and characterization of erythromycin resistance determinant that encodes macrolide 2'-phosphotransferase I in Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1995;39:2359-63 pubmed
- Papagiannitsis C, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Miriagou V. Plasmid-encoded ACC-4, an extended-spectrum cephalosporinase variant from Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3763-7 pubmed..Kinetics of beta-lactam hydrolysis and levels of resistance to beta-lactams showed that ACC-4 was more effective than ACC-1 against expanded-spectrum cephalosporins. ..