Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pMUR050_009
Species: Escherichia coli
- Sabat M, Navarro F, Mir E, Campoy S, Mirelis B, Barb J, et al. Novel complex sul1-type integron in Escherichia coli carrying bla(CTX-M-9). Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2002;46:2656-61 pubmed..Furthermore, a new insertion sequence, IS3000, has been found in In60. PCR analysis indicates that integron In60 is present in 33 of 34 nonclonal enterobacterial isolates carrying the putative beta-lactamase CTX-M-9...
- Doroshenko V, Livshits V. Structure and mode of transposition of Tn2555 carrying sucrose utilization genes. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;233:353-9 pubmed..3 translocation from pBR325 to RP4 occurs via a cointegrate formation, mediated by one of the three IS26 copies, followed by its resolution due to RecA-dependent recombination between two direct IS26 copies flanking the donor replicon. ..
- Papagiannitsis C, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Miriagou V. Plasmid-encoded ACC-4, an extended-spectrum cephalosporinase variant from Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3763-7 pubmed..Kinetics of beta-lactam hydrolysis and levels of resistance to beta-lactams showed that ACC-4 was more effective than ACC-1 against expanded-spectrum cephalosporins. ..
- Woodford N, Ward M, Kaufmann M, Turton J, Fagan E, James D, et al. Community and hospital spread of Escherichia coli producing CTX-M extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in the UK. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004;54:735-43 pubmed publisher..Because of the public health implications, including for the treatment of community-acquired urinary tract infections, the spread of these strains--and CTX-M-15 beta-lactamase in particular--merits close monitoring...
- Noguchi N, Emura A, Matsuyama H, O Hara K, Sasatsu M, Kono M. Nucleotide sequence and characterization of erythromycin resistance determinant that encodes macrolide 2'-phosphotransferase I in Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1995;39:2359-63 pubmed