Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p165897_095
Species: Escherichia coli
- Papagiannitsis C, Loli A, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Arlet G, Miriagou V. SCO-1, a novel plasmid-mediated class A beta-lactamase with carbenicillinase characteristics from Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:2185-8 pubmed..The interaction of SCO-1 with beta-lactams was similar to that of the CARB-type enzymes. Also, SCO-1 exhibited a 51% amino acid sequence identity with the RTG subgroup of chromosomal carbenicillinases (RTG-1, CARB-5, and CARB-8). ..
- Papagiannitsis C, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Miriagou V. Plasmid-encoded ACC-4, an extended-spectrum cephalosporinase variant from Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3763-7 pubmed..Kinetics of beta-lactam hydrolysis and levels of resistance to beta-lactams showed that ACC-4 was more effective than ACC-1 against expanded-spectrum cephalosporins. ..
- Wrighton C, Strike P. A pathway for the evolution of the plasmid NTP16 involving the novel kanamycin resistance transposon Tn4352. Plasmid. 1987;17:37-45 pubmed..The sequence analysis suggests that the initial insertion was into the tnpR gene of the ampicillin transposon, followed by a deletion extending to a specific site within tnpA. ..
- Poirel L, Naas T, Guibert M, Chaibi E, Labia R, Nordmann P. Molecular and biochemical characterization of VEB-1, a novel class A extended-spectrum beta-lactamase encoded by an Escherichia coli integron gene. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1999;43:573-81 pubmed..Furthermore, blaVEB-1 is encoded on a large (> 100-kb) transferable plasmid found in a Klebsiella pneumoniae MG-2 isolated at the same time from the same patient, indicating a horizontal gene transfer...
- Sabat M, Tarrag R, Navarro F, Mir E, Verg s C, Barb J, et al. Cloning and sequence of the gene encoding a novel cefotaxime-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase (CTX-M-9) from Escherichia coli in Spain. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000;44:1970-3 pubmed..Outside of this region there are only six amino acids substitutions between both proteins...