Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nupC
Description: nucleoside (except guanosine) transporter
Alias: ECK2388, JW2389, cru
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Komatsu Y. Adenosine uptake by isolated membrane vesicles from Escherichia coli K-12. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1973;330:206-21 pubmed
- Nørholm M, Dandanell G. Specificity and topology of the Escherichia coli xanthosine permease, a representative of the NHS subfamily of the major facilitator superfamily. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:4900-4 pubmedThe specificity of XapB permease was compared with that of the known nucleoside transporters NupG and NupC. XapB-mediated xanthosine uptake is abolished by 2,4-dinitrophenol and exhibits saturation kinetics with an apparent K(m) of 136 ..
- Craig J, Zhang Y, Gallagher M. Cloning of the nupC gene of Escherichia coli encoding a nucleoside transport system, and identification of an adjacent insertion element, IS 186. Mol Microbiol. 1994;11:1159-68 pubmed..In the present study we report the sequence of a gene encoding a second nucleoside transport system, nupC (in addition to nupG)...
- Munch Petersen A, Mygind B, Nicolaisen A, Pihl N. Nucleoside transport in cells and membrane vesicles from Escherichia coli K12. J Biol Chem. 1979;254:3730-7 pubmed..This finding is consistent with a requirement for a specific transport process prior to the initial enzymatic attack on the incoming nucleoside. ..
- Komatsu Y, Tanaka K. Deoxycytidine uptake by isolated membrane vesicles from Escherichia coli K 12. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1973;311:496-506 pubmed