Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nrdG
Description: anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase activating protein
Alias: ECK4232, JW4196, yjgE
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Boston T, Atlung T. FNR-mediated oxygen-responsive regulation of the nrdDG operon of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:5310-3 pubmed..Transcription of the other two nucleotide reductase operons, nrdAB and nrdEF, did not respond to oxygen conditions in a wild-type background, but nrdAB expression was increased in the fnr mutant under anaerobic conditions. ..
- Gon S, Faulkner M, Beckwith J. In vivo requirement for glutaredoxins and thioredoxins in the reduction of the ribonucleotide reductases of Escherichia coli. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:735-42 pubmed..These findings indicate a role for these enzymes either for NrdDG reactivation or some other essential anaerobic process. ..
- Sun X, Eliasson R, Pontis E, Andersson J, Buist G, Sj berg B, et al. Generation of the glycyl radical of the anaerobic Escherichia coli ribonucleotide reductase requires a specific activating enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:2443-6 pubmed
- Ollagnier S, Mulliez E, Schmidt P, Eliasson R, Gaillard J, Deronzier C, et al. Activation of the anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase from Escherichia coli. The essential role of the iron-sulfur center for S-adenosylmethionine reduction. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:24216-23 pubmed..e redox catalysis, as recently proposed by others (Staples, R. C., Ameyibor, E., Fu, W., Gardet-Salvi, L., Stritt-Etter, A. L., Schürmann, P., Knaff, D. B., and Johnson, M. K. (1996) Biochemistry 35, 11425-11434). ..
- Tamarit J, Gerez C, Meier C, Mulliez E, Trautwein A, Fontecave M. The activating component of the anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase from Escherichia coli. An iron-sulfur center with only three cysteines. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15669-75 pubmed..Mutation of the two other cysteines of the protein did not result in inactivation. We thus conclude that the (4Fe-4S) cluster has, in the wild type protein, only three cysteine ligands and a fourth still unidentified ligand. ..