Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nnr
Description: bifunctional NAD(P)H-hydrate repair enzyme; C-terminal domain ADP-dependent (S)-NAD(P)H-hydrate dehydratase and N-terminal domain NAD(P)H-hydrate epimerase
Alias: ECK4163, JW4125, yjeF
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Tsui H, Winkler M. Transcriptional patterns of the mutL-miaA superoperon of Escherichia coli K-12 suggest a model for posttranscriptional regulation. Biochimie. 1994;76:1168-77 pubmed..A model is presented for RNase E-mediated posttranscriptional regulation that may coordinate mutL expression with replication and miaA with tRNA amounts under different growth conditions, especially during nutrient upshifts. ..
- Tsui H, Leung H, Winkler M. Characterization of broadly pleiotropic phenotypes caused by an hfq insertion mutation in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol Microbiol. 1994;13:35-49 pubmed..Together, these results show that hfq function plays a fundamental role in Escherichia coli physiology and that hfq and the hflA-region are in the amiB-mutL-miaA-hfq-hflX superoperon...
- Tsui H, Zhao G, Feng G, Leung H, Winkler M. The mutL repair gene of Escherichia coli K-12 forms a superoperon with a gene encoding a new cell-wall amidase. Mol Microbiol. 1994;11:189-202 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that E. coli contains a second amidase possibly involved in cell-wall hydrolysis, septation, or recycling, and that transcription of this amidase is directly linked to a gene central for DNA repair...
- Tsui H, Feng G, Winkler M. Transcription of the mutL repair, miaA tRNA modification, hfq pleiotropic regulator, and hflA region protease genes of Escherichia coli K-12 from clustered Esigma32-specific promoters during heat shock. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:5719-31 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that there is a class of E sigma(32) promoters that functions mainly at high temperatures to ensure E. coli function and survival. ..
- Kitagawa R, Mitsuki H, Okazaki T, Ogawa T. A novel DnaA protein-binding site at 94.7 min on the Escherichia coli chromosome. Mol Microbiol. 1996;19:1137-47 pubmed..A role for the DnaA-binding site in controlling DnaA-protein concentration in the cell cycle is discussed. ..
- Ize B, Stanley N, Buchanan G, Palmer T. Role of the Escherichia coli Tat pathway in outer membrane integrity. Mol Microbiol. 2003;48:1183-93 pubmed..The presence of genes encoding amidases with twin-arginine signal sequences in the genomes of other Gram-negative bacteria suggests that a similar cell envelope defect may be a common feature of tat mutant strains. ..