Gene Symbol: nhaR
Description: transcriptional activator of nhaA
Alias: ECK0021, JW0019, antO, yaaB
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Carmel O, Dover N, Rahav Manor O, Dibrov P, Kirsch D, Karpel R, et al. A single amino acid substitution (Glu134-->Ala) in NhaR1 increases the inducibility by Na+ of the product of nhaA, a Na+/H+ antiporter gene in Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 1994;13:1981-9 pubmedThe mutation nhaAup (antup) has now been identified as a Glu134 to Ala substitution in NhaR and designated nhaR1...
- Sturny R, Cam K, Gutierrez C, Conter A. NhaR and RcsB independently regulate the osmCp1 promoter of Escherichia coli at overlapping regulatory sites. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:4298-304 pubmed..The distal promoter, osmCp1, is activated by NhaR and RcsB...
- Novichkov P, Laikova O, Novichkova E, Gelfand M, Arkin A, Dubchak I, et al. RegPrecise: a database of curated genomic inferences of transcriptional regulatory interactions in prokaryotes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:D111-8 pubmed publisher..Another section in the database represents the results of accurate regulon propagation to the closely related genomes. ..
- Henikoff S, Haughn G, Calvo J, Wallace J. A large family of bacterial activator proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:6602-6 pubmed..The DNA database searching procedure and other methods used in this study should be useful in detecting other groups of related proteins. ..
- Padan E, Schuldiner S. Molecular physiology of the Na+/H+ antiporter in Escherichia coli. J Exp Biol. 1994;196:443-56 pubmed..The adaptive response to Na+ is mediated by the positive regulator nhaR, which transduces the signal (intracellular Na+) to expression of the nhaA gene...
- Goller C, Wang X, Itoh Y, Romeo T. The cation-responsive protein NhaR of Escherichia coli activates pgaABCD transcription, required for production of the biofilm adhesin poly-beta-1,6-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:8022-32 pubmed..We establish here that NhaR, a DNA-binding protein of the LysR family of transcriptional regulators, activates transcription of this operon...