Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mqsA
Description: antitoxin for MqsR toxin; transcriptional repressor
Alias: ECK3012, JW2989, ygiT
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Papadopoulos E, Billeter M, Gräslund A, Vlamis Gardikas A. Assignment of (1)H, (13)C, and (15)N resonances of YgiT, a putative DNA interacting protein from E. coli, containing one HTH and two CxxC motifs. Biomol NMR Assign. 2007;1:217-9 pubmed publisherThe 131 residues protein encoded by the open reading frame ygiT of E...
- Wang X, Kim Y, Hong S, Ma Q, Brown B, Pu M, et al. Antitoxin MqsA helps mediate the bacterial general stress response. Nat Chem Biol. 2011;7:359-66 pubmed publisher..Specifically, the antitoxin MqsA represses rpoS, which encodes the master regulator of stress...
- Inouye M. The discovery of mRNA interferases: implication in bacterial physiology and application to biotechnology. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:670-6 pubmed..The discovery of a novel way to interfere with mRNA function by mRNA interferases opens a wide variety of avenues in basic as well as applied and clinical sciences. ..
- Uppal S, Jawali N. The cyclic AMP receptor protein (CRP) regulates mqsRA, coding for the bacterial toxin-antitoxin gene pair, in Escherichia coli. Res Microbiol. 2016;167:58-62 pubmed publisher..MqsR-MqsA, the toxin-antitoxin (TA) pair, is the most frequently induced TA system associated with antibiotic persistence in ..
- Christensen Dalsgaard M, Jørgensen M, Gerdes K. Three new RelE-homologous mRNA interferases of Escherichia coli differentially induced by environmental stresses. Mol Microbiol. 2010;75:333-48 pubmed publisher..Induction of the three loci depended on Lon protease that may sense the environmental stresses and activate TA loci by cleavage of the antitoxins. Transcription of the three TA operons was autoregulated by the antitoxins. ..