Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mog
Description: molybdochelatase incorporating molybdenum into molybdopterin
Alias: ECK0009, JW0008, bisD, chlG, mogA, yaaG
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Glaser J, DeMoss J. Comparison of nitrate reductase mutants of Escherichia coli selected by alternative procedures. Mol Gen Genet. 1972;116:1-10 pubmed
- Magalon A, Frixon C, Pommier J, Giordano G, Blasco F. In vivo interactions between gene products involved in the final stages of molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48199-204 pubmed..Using a bacterial two-hybrid approach, here we report on the in vivo interactions between MogA, MoeA, MobA, and MobB implicated in several distinct although linked steps in Escherichia coli...
- Kozmin S, Schaaper R. Molybdenum cofactor-dependent resistance to N-hydroxylated base analogs in Escherichia coli is independent of MobA function. Mutat Res. 2007;619:9-15 pubmed..Further, we establish that protection against the analogs does not require the common molybdopterin guanine-dinucleotide (MGD) form of the cofactor, but instead the guanosine monophosphate (GMP)-free version of MoCo (MPT) is sufficient. ..
- James R, Dean D, Debbage J. Five open reading frames upstream of the dnaK gene of E. coli. DNA Seq. 1993;3:327-32 pubmed..ORF4 and htgA overlap each other on opposite strands of DNA, this would offer some interesting regulatory possibilities. ..
- Schrag J, Huang W, Sivaraman J, Smith C, Plamondon J, Larocque R, et al. The crystal structure of Escherichia coli MoeA, a protein from the molybdopterin synthesis pathway. J Mol Biol. 2001;310:419-31 pubmed..The protein that resembles domain 3 most closely is MogA, another protein required for molybdopterin cofactor synthesis...
- Shanmugam K, Stewart V, Gunsalus R, Boxer D, Cole J, Chippaux M, et al. Proposed nomenclature for the genes involved in molybdenum metabolism in Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:3452-4 pubmed
- Kamdar K, Shelton M, Finnerty V. The Drosophila molybdenum cofactor gene cinnamon is homologous to three Escherichia coli cofactor proteins and to the rat protein gephyrin. Genetics. 1994;137:791-801 pubmed..Our results suggest that some portions of the prokaryotic cofactor biosynthetic pathway composed of monofunctional proteins have evolved into a multifunctional protein in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Nichols J, Rajagopalan K. Escherichia coli MoeA and MogA. Function in metal incorporation step of molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24995-5000 pubmedEscherichia coli MoeA and MogA are required for molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis and are believed to function in the addition of molybdenum to the dithiolene of molybdopterin to form molybdenum cofactor...
- Nichols J, Rajagopalan K. In vitro molybdenum ligation to molybdopterin using purified components. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7817-22 pubmedWe have previously shown that Escherichia coli MoeA and MogA are required in vivo for the final step of molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis, the addition of the molybdenum atom to the dithiolene of molybdopterin...
- Bevers L, Hagedoorn P, Santamaria Araujo J, Magalon A, Hagen W, Schwarz G. Function of MoaB proteins in the biosynthesis of the molybdenum and tungsten cofactors. Biochemistry. 2008;47:949-56 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the function of the Pyrococcus furiosus MoaB protein that is homologous to bacterial (such as MogA) and eukaryotic proteins (such as Cnx1) involved in the final steps of Mo cofactor synthesis...
- Bachmann B. Linkage map of Escherichia coli K-12, edition 7. Microbiol Rev. 1983;47:180-230 pubmed
- Adhya S, Cleary P, Campbell A. A deletion analysis of prophage lambda and adjacent genetic regions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1968;61:956-62 pubmed
- Vergnes A, Gouffi Belhabich K, Blasco F, Giordano G, Magalon A. Involvement of the molybdenum cofactor biosynthetic machinery in the maturation of the Escherichia coli nitrate reductase A. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41398-403 pubmed..We report the first description of protein interactions between molybdenum cofactor biosynthetic proteins (MogA, MoeA, MobA, and MobB) and the aponitrate reductase (NarG) using a bacterial two-hybrid approach...