Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: moaA
Description: molybdopterin biosynthesis protein A
Alias: ECK0770, JW0764, bisA, chlA, narA
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Kuper J, Meyer zu Berstenhorst S, Vödisch B, Mendel R, Schwarz G, Boxer D. In vivo detection of molybdate-binding proteins using a competition assay with ModE in Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;218:187-93 pubmed
- Sofia H, Chen G, Hetzler B, Reyes Spindola J, Miller N. Radical SAM, a novel protein superfamily linking unresolved steps in familiar biosynthetic pathways with radical mechanisms: functional characterization using new analysis and information visualization methods. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:1097-106 pubmed..Two functional predictions for unknown proteins are made based on integrating other data types such as motif, domain, operon and biochemical pathway into an organized view of similarity relationships. ..
- Venables W, Guest J. Transduction of nitrate reductase loci of Escherichia coli by phages P-1 and lambda. Mol Gen Genet. 1968;103:127-40 pubmed
- Lambdren P, Guest J. A novel method for isolating chlorate-resistant mutants of Escherichia coli K12 by anaerobic selection on a lactate plus fumarate medium. J Gen Microbiol. 1976;93:173-6 pubmed
- Glaser J, DeMoss J. Comparison of nitrate reductase mutants of Escherichia coli selected by alternative procedures. Mol Gen Genet. 1972;116:1-10 pubmed
- Reiss J, Kleinhofs A, Klingmüller W. Cloning of seven differently complementing DNA fragments with chl functions from Escherichia coli K12. Mol Gen Genet. 1987;206:352-5 pubmed..Selection for growth on nitrate under anaerobic conditions yielded four plasmids which complemented mutants of the chlA, B, E and G types. The chromosomal fragments were mapped with restriction enzymes and subcloned...
- Bachmann B. Linkage map of Escherichia coli K-12, edition 7. Microbiol Rev. 1983;47:180-230 pubmed
- Layer G, Kervio E, Morlock G, Heinz D, Jahn D, Retey J, et al. Structural and functional comparison of HemN to other radical SAM enzymes. Biol Chem. 2005;386:971-80 pubmed..The enzymes are compared to other radical SAM enzymes and in particular the three reported crystal structures from this family, HemN, biotin synthase and MoaA, are discussed.
- Rivers S, McNairn E, Blasco F, Giordano G, Boxer D. Molecular genetic analysis of the moa operon of Escherichia coli K-12 required for molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis. Mol Microbiol. 1993;8:1071-81 pubmed..The encoded proteins (MoaA-MoaE) have predicted molecular weights of 37,346, 18,665, 17,234, 8843 and 16,981 respectively...
- Rieder C, Eisenreich W, O Brien J, Richter G, Götze E, Boyle P, et al. Rearrangement reactions in the biosynthesis of molybdopterin--an NMR study with multiply 13C/15N labelled precursors. Eur J Biochem. 1998;255:24-36 pubmed..Carbon atom C1' of compound Z is derived from carbon atom C8 of a guanine derivative. The remodeling of the carbon skeleton of the pentose and purine moieties proceed via intramolecular rearrangement reactions. ..
- Miller J, Amy N. Molybdenum cofactor in chlorate-resistant and nitrate reductase-deficient insertion mutants of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1983;155:793-801 pubmed..The chlA and chlE mutants had no detectable cofactor...
- Alper M, Ames B. Positive selection of mutants with deletions of the gal-chl region of the Salmonella chromosome as a screening procedure for mutagens that cause deletions. J Bacteriol. 1975;121:259-66 pubmed..Through simultaneous selection for mutations in the two closely linked genes, gal and chlA, a variety of deletions of varying length, some extending through as much as 1 min of the chromosome, could be ..
- McNicholas P, Rech S, Gunsalus R. Characterization of the ModE DNA-binding sites in the control regions of modABCD and moaABCDE of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1997;23:515-24 pubmed..Footprint analysis of the moaA promoter revealed a single protected region located immediately upstream of the putative -35 consensus sequence and ..
- Adhya S, Cleary P, Campbell A. A deletion analysis of prophage lambda and adjacent genetic regions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1968;61:956-62 pubmed
- MacGregor C. Synthesis of nitrate reductase components in chlorate-resistant mutants of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1975;121:1117-21 pubmed..b>chlA and B mutants contained all three subunits present in the wild-type enzyme...
- del Campillo Campbell A, Campbell A. Molybdenum cofactor requirement for biotin sulfoxide reduction in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1982;149:469-78 pubmed..Mutations previously assigned to the bisA, bisB, and bisD genes belong to genes chlA, chlE, and chlG, respectively...