Gene Symbol: mntH
Description: manganese/divalent cation transporter
Alias: ECK2387, JW2388, mntA, yfeP
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Richer E, Courville P, Bergevin I, Cellier M. Horizontal gene transfer of "prototype" Nramp in bacteria. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:363-76 pubmed publisher..Bacterial homologs encode proton-dependent transporters of manganese (MntH), and other divalent metal ions...
- Nunuková V, Urbankova E, Jelokhani Niaraki M, Chaloupka R. Ion channel activity of transmembrane segment 6 of Escherichia coli proton-dependent manganese transporter. Biopolymers. 2010;93:718-26 pubmed publisherSynthetic peptides corresponding to the sixth transmembrane segment (TMS6) of secondary-active transporter MntH (Proton-dependent Manganese Transporter) from Escherichia coli and its two mutations in the functionally important conserved ..
- Patzer S, Hantke K. Dual repression by Fe(2+)-Fur and Mn(2+)-MntR of the mntH gene, encoding an NRAMP-like Mn(2+) transporter in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:4806-13 pubmedThe uptake of Mn(2+), a cofactor for several enzymes in Escherichia coli, is mediated by MntH, a proton-dependent metal transporter, which also recognizes Fe(2+) with lower affinity...
- Haemig H, Moen P, Brooker R. Evidence that highly conserved residues of transmembrane segment 6 of Escherichia coli MntH are important for transport activity. Biochemistry. 2010;49:4662-71 pubmed publisher..negatively charged residues, a model was proposed for the metal binding site of the Escherichia coli homologue, MntH. In this study, we have focused on the highly conserved residues, including two histidines, of transmembrane ..
- Makui H, Roig E, Cole S, Helmann J, Gros P, Cellier M. Identification of the Escherichia coli K-12 Nramp orthologue (MntH) as a selective divalent metal ion transporter. Mol Microbiol. 2000;35:1065-78 pubmedThe Escherichia coli mntH (formerly yfeP) gene encodes a putative membrane protein (MntH) highly similar to members of the eukaryotic Nramp family of divalent metal ion transporters. To determine the function of E...