Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mgtA
Description: magnesium transporter
Alias: ECK4237, JW4201, corB, mgt
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Subramani S, Perdreau Dahl H, Morth J. The magnesium transporter A is activated by cardiolipin and is highly sensitive to free magnesium in vitro. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisherThe magnesium transporter A (MgtA) is a specialized P-type ATPase, believed to import Mg(2+) into the cytoplasm...
- Minagawa S, Ogasawara H, Kato A, Yamamoto K, Eguchi Y, Oshima T, et al. Identification and molecular characterization of the Mg2+ stimulon of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:3696-702 pubmed..verify six new Mg(2+) stimulon genes, hemL, nagA, rstAB, slyB, vboR, and yrbL, in addition to the phoPQ, mgrB, and mgtA genes reported previously...
- Hakansson K. The structure of Mg-ATPase nucleotide-binding domain at 1.6 A resolution reveals a unique ATP-binding motif. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2009;65:1181-6 pubmed publisherThe structure of the nucleotide-binding domain of the Mg-ATPase MgtA from Escherichia coli has been solved and refined to 1.6 A resolution...
- Minagawa S, Okura R, Tsuchitani H, Hirao K, Yamamoto K, Utsumi R. Isolation and molecular characterization of the locked-on mutant of Mg2+ sensor PhoQ in Escherichia coli. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:1281-7 pubmed..PhoQ-PhoP regulon genes, phoPQ, mgtA and mgrB transcriptions were repressed at a high Mg(2+) concentration in WQ3007 (phoQ-defective strain)/pHO119, but ..
- Webb M. The mechanism of acquired resistance to Co2+ and Ni2+ in Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1970;222:440-6 pubmed
- Sermon J, Vanoirbeek K, De Spiegeleer P, Van Houdt R, Aertsen A, Michiels C. Unique stress response to the lactoperoxidase-thiocyanate enzyme system in Escherichia coli. Res Microbiol. 2005;156:225-32 pubmed..Several of the induced genes or pathways may be involved in bacterial defense against the toxic effects of the lactoperoxidase-thiocyanate enzyme system. ..
- Eguchi Y, Okada T, Minagawa S, Oshima T, Mori H, Yamamoto K, et al. Signal transduction cascade between EvgA/EvgS and PhoP/PhoQ two-component systems of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:3006-14 pubmed..system of Escherichia coli resulted in enhanced expression of 13 PhoP/PhoQ-regulated genes, crcA, hemL, mgtA, ompT, phoP, phoQ, proP, rstA, rstB, slyB, ybjG, yrbL, and mgrB...
- Kato A, Tanabe H, Utsumi R. Molecular characterization of the PhoP-PhoQ two-component system in Escherichia coli K-12: identification of extracellular Mg2+-responsive promoters. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:5516-20 pubmedWe identified Mg2+-responsive promoters of the phoPQ, mgtA, and mgrB genes of Escherichia coli K-12 by S1 nuclease analysis. Expression of these genes was induced by magnesium limitation and depended on PhoP and PhoQ...
- Smith R, Maguire M. Microbial magnesium transport: unusual transporters searching for identity. Mol Microbiol. 1998;28:217-26 pubmed..MgtE also lacks homology to other known proteins. In contrast, the MgtA and MgtB Mg2+ transport systems of enteric bacteria are P-type ATPases by sequence homology, mediating Mg2+ influx ..