Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: maeB
Description: malic enzyme: putative oxidoreductase/phosphotransacetylase
Alias: ECK2458, JW2447, ypfF
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Iwakura M, Hattori J, Arita Y, Tokushige M, Katsuki H. Studies on regulatory functions of malic enzymes. VI. Purification and molecular properties of NADP-linked malic enzyme from Escherichia coli W. J Biochem. 1979;85:1355-65 pubmed..Based on the above results, the molecular properties of the enzymatic reaction are discussed. ..
- Sanwal B, Smando R. Malic enzyme of Escherichia coli. Possible mechanism for allosteric effects. J Biol Chem. 1969;244:1824-30 pubmed
- Murai T, Tokushige M, Nagai J, Katsuki H. Studies on regulatory functions of malic enzymes. I. Metabolic functions of NAD- and NADP-linked malic enzymes in Escherichia coli. J Biochem. 1972;71:1015-28 pubmed
- Brown D, Cook R. Role of metal cofactors in enzyme regulation. Differences in the regulatory properties of the Escherichia coli nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate specific malic enzyme, depending on whether magnesium ion or manganese ion serves as divalent c. Biochemistry. 1981;20:2503-12 pubmed
- Brown D, Cook R. Regulatory effects of potassium and inorganic anions on the NADP-specific malic enzyme of Escherichia coli. Can J Biochem Cell Biol. 1985;63:128-36 pubmed..The kinetic studies conducted at higher ionic strength in vitro are therefore more applicable to the in vivo situation. ..
- Takeo K. Existence and properties of two malic enzymes in Escherichia coli especially of NAD-linked enzyme. J Biochem. 1969;66:379-87 pubmed
- Katsuki H, Takeo K, Kameda K, Tanaka S. Existence of two malic enzymes in Escherichia coli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1967;27:331-6 pubmed
- Trinh C, Carlson R, Wlaschin A, Srienc F. Design, construction and performance of the most efficient biomass producing E. coli bacterium. Metab Eng. 2006;8:628-38 pubmed..The results show that the theoretical predictions are closely matched by the properties of the designed strain. ..
- Wang B, Wang P, Zheng E, Chen X, Zhao H, Song P, et al. Biochemical properties and physiological roles of NADP-dependent malic enzyme in Escherichia coli. J Microbiol. 2011;49:797-802 pubmed publisher..NADP-dependent malic enzyme (MaeB) from Escherichia coli MG1655 was expressed and purified as a fusion protein...
- Takeo K, Murai T, Nagai J, Katsuki H. Allosteric activation of DPN-linked malic enzyme from Escherichia coli by aspartate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1967;29:717-22 pubmed
- Kao K, Tran L, Liao J. A global regulatory role of gluconeogenic genes in Escherichia coli revealed by transcriptome network analysis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36079-87 pubmed..This work demonstrates that the gluconeogenic genes in Escherichia coli, ppsA, sfcA, and maeB, provide a feedback loop to the global regulator, cAMP receptor protein (CRP), in carbon source transition...
- Murai T, Tokushige M, Nagai J, Katsuki H. Physiological functions of NAD- and NADP-linked malic enzymes in Escherichia coli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1971;43:875-81 pubmed
- Bologna F, Andreo C, Drincovich M. Escherichia coli malic enzymes: two isoforms with substantial differences in kinetic properties, metabolic regulation, and structure. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:5937-46 pubmed..In Escherichia coli, two genes with a high degree of homology to ME can be detected: sfcA and maeB. MaeB possesses a multimodular structure: the N-terminal extension shows homology to ME, while the C-terminal ..
- Sanwal B, Smando R. Malic enzyme of Escherichia coli. Diversity of the effectors controlling enzyme activity. J Biol Chem. 1969;244:1817-23 pubmed
- Kwon Y, Kwon O, Lee H, Kim P. The effect of NADP-dependent malic enzyme expression and anaerobic C4 metabolism in Escherichia coli compared with other anaplerotic enzymes. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:2340-5 pubmed..Anaplerotic NADP-dependent malic enzyme (MaeB), as well as the other anaplerotic enzymes, including phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase (Ppc), phosphoenolpyruvate ..