Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lsrR
Description: lsr operon transcriptional repressor
Alias: ECK1505, JW1505, ydeW
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Fuqua W, Winans S, Greenberg E. Quorum sensing in bacteria: the LuxR-LuxI family of cell density-responsive transcriptional regulators. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:269-75 pubmed
- Taga M, Semmelhack J, Bassler B. The LuxS-dependent autoinducer AI-2 controls the expression of an ABC transporter that functions in AI-2 uptake in Salmonella typhimurium. Mol Microbiol. 2001;42:777-93 pubmed..This gene, which we have named lsrR, encodes a protein that represses lsr operon expression in the absence of AI-2...
- Wang L, Hashimoto Y, Tsao C, Valdes J, Bentley W. Cyclic AMP (cAMP) and cAMP receptor protein influence both synthesis and uptake of extracellular autoinducer 2 in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:2066-76 pubmed..is shown to bind to a CRP binding site located in the upstream region of the lsr promoter and works with the LsrR repressor to regulate AI-2 uptake...
- Xue T, Zhao L, Sun H, Zhou X, Sun B. LsrR-binding site recognition and regulatory characteristics in Escherichia coli AI-2 quorum sensing. Cell Res. 2009;19:1258-68 pubmed publisher..Upstream of the lsr operon, there is a divergently transcribed gene encoding LsrR, which was reported previously to repress the transcription of the lsr operon and itself...
- Taga M, Miller S, Bassler B. Lsr-mediated transport and processing of AI-2 in Salmonella typhimurium. Mol Microbiol. 2003;50:1411-27 pubmed..We suggest that phospho-AI-2 is the inducer responsible for inactivation of LsrR, the repressor of the lsr operon...
- Wu M, Tao Y, Liu X, Zang J. Structural basis for phosphorylated autoinducer-2 modulation of the oligomerization state of the global transcription regulator LsrR from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15878-87 pubmed publisher..In Escherichia coli, LsrR serves as a global transcription regulator that responds to autoinducer-2 to regulate the expression of a variety ..