Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lsrK
Description: autoinducer-2 (AI-2) kinase
Alias: ECK1504, JW1504, ydeV
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Zhang X, García Contreras R, Wood T. Escherichia coli transcription factor YncC (McbR) regulates colanic acid and biofilm formation by repressing expression of periplasmic protein YbiM (McbA). ISME J. 2008;2:615-31 pubmed publisher..Overexpressing MqsR, AI-2 import regulators LsrR/LsrK and AI-2 exporter TqsA induced yncC transcription, whereas the AI-2 synthase LuxS and B3023 repressed yncC...
- Das R, Reddy E, Chatterjee D, Andrews D. Identification of a novel Bcl-2 related gene, BRAG-1, in human glioma. Oncogene. 1996;12:947-51 pubmed..Utilizing a bacterial expression vector, we produced BRAG-1 protein which was found to cross-react with a Bcl-2 monoclonal antibody, further suggesting structural and immunological similarity to Bcl-2. ..
- Ahmer B. Cell-to-cell signalling in Escherichia coli and Salmonella enterica. Mol Microbiol. 2004;52:933-45 pubmed..The latter system has homologues in E. coli and Salmonella, as well as other bacteria, plants and animals. In fact, the protease components from Providencia and Drosophila are functionally interchangeable. ..
- Li J, Attila C, Wang L, Wood T, Valdes J, Bentley W. Quorum sensing in Escherichia coli is signaled by AI-2/LsrR: effects on small RNA and biofilm architecture. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:6011-20 pubmed..2 (AI-2) is comprised of a transporter complex, LsrABCD; its repressor, LsrR; and a cognate signal kinase, LsrK. This network is an integral part of the AI-2 quorum-sensing (QS) system...
- Tavender T, Halliday N, Hardie K, Winzer K. LuxS-independent formation of AI-2 from ribulose-5-phosphate. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:98 pubmed publisher..It does not contribute to AI-2 formation in wildtype E. coli and S. aureus under the conditions tested, but may be responsible for the AI-2-like activities reported for other organisms lacking the luxS gene. ..
- Roy V, Fernandes R, Tsao C, Bentley W. Cross species quorum quenching using a native AI-2 processing enzyme. ACS Chem Biol. 2010;5:223-32 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the Escherichia coli AI-2 kinase, LsrK, can phosphorylate AI-2 in vitro, and when LsrK-treated AI-2 is added ex vivo to E...
- Wang L, Hashimoto Y, Tsao C, Valdes J, Bentley W. Cyclic AMP (cAMP) and cAMP receptor protein influence both synthesis and uptake of extracellular autoinducer 2 in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:2066-76 pubmed..The functions of the lsr operon and its regulators, LsrR and LsrK, previously reported in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium, are confirmed here for E. coli...