Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: leuB
Description: 3-isopropylmalate dehydrogenase, NAD(+)-dependent
Alias: ECK0075, JW5807
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Davis M, Calvo J. Isolation and characterization of lambda pleu bacteriophages. J Bacteriol. 1977;129:1078-90 pubmed..One type (e.g., lambda pleu9) transduces leuD, leuC, and leuB strains to prototrophy. The other type (e.g., lambda pleu 13) transduces leuA strains to prototrophy...
- Wright B, Longacre A, Reimers J. Hypermutation in derepressed operons of Escherichia coli K12. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5089-94 pubmed..A quantitative correlation was established between leuB mRNA abundance and leuB- reversion rates...
- Wallon G, Yamamoto K, Kirino H, Yamagishi A, Lovett S, Petsko G, et al. Purification, catalytic properties and thermostability of 3-isopropylmalate dehydrogenase from Escherichia coli. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1337:105-12 pubmed..At 40 degrees C the K(m) of E. coli IPMDH was 105 microM for IPM and 321 microM for NAD, the kcat was 69 s-1. The half denaturation temperature was 64 degrees C, which was 20 degrees C lower than that of the thermophile enzyme. ..
- Wright B. The effect of the stringent response on mutation rates in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol Microbiol. 1996;19:213-9 pubmed..Reversion rates of leuB- and argH- were significantly higher in the relA+ than in the relA- strain, and the reversion rates in both strains ..
- Hare R, Walker S, Dorman T, Greene J, Guzman L, Kenney T, et al. Genetic footprinting in bacteria. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:1694-706 pubmed..In addition, the ability of recombinant proteins to complement mutagenized hosts has been evaluated by genetic footprinting using a bacteriophage lambda transposon delivery system. ..
- Yang H, Kessler D. Genetic analysis of the leucine region in Escherichia coli B-r: gene-enzyme assignments. J Bacteriol. 1974;117:63-72 pubmed..These studies have identified four genes in the leucine region having the same order as found in Salmonella typhimurium: ara... leuDCBA. ..
- Somers J, Amzallag A, Middleton R. Genetic fine structure of the leucine operon of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1973;113:1268-72 pubmed..1.1). It is concluded that the gross structure of the leucine operon in E. coli is closely similar to, if not identical with, the gross structure of the leucine operon in Salmonella typhimurium. ..