Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: leuA
Description: 2-isopropylmalate synthase
Alias: ECK0076, JW0073
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Fredriksson A, Nystrom T. Conditional and replicative senescence in Escherichia coli. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2006;9:612-8 pubmed..Thus, bacterial physiology might entail both conditional and mandatory aging processes. ..
- Fang M, Wu H. A promoter relay mechanism for sequential gene activation. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:626-33 pubmed..This is the first example of several related genes communicating via a promoter relay mechanism for their coordinated expression. ..
- Fang M, Wu H. Suppression of leu-500 mutation in topA+ Salmonella typhimurium strains. The promoter relay at work. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:29929-34 pubmed..It appears that the leu-500 suppression in a topA- strain is due to the constant ilvIH transcription activity. ..
- Yang C, Shapiro B, Hung S, Mjolsness E, Hatfield G. A mathematical model for the branched chain amino acid biosynthetic pathways of Escherichia coli K12. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11224-32 pubmed..This model simulates the results of experimental measurements. ..
- Soini J, Falschlehner C, Liedert C, Bernhardt J, Vuoristo J, Neubauer P. Norvaline is accumulated after a down-shift of oxygen in Escherichia coli W3110. Microb Cell Fact. 2008;7:30 pubmed publisher..Therefore we believe that our finding is relevant for recombinant protein production but also may even have implications for the physiology of E. coli under oxygen limitation in general. ..
- Genschik P, Billy E, Swianiewicz M, Filipowicz W. The human RNA 3'-terminal phosphate cyclase is a member of a new family of proteins conserved in Eucarya, Bacteria and Archaea. EMBO J. 1997;16:2955-67 pubmed..The conservation of the RNA 3'-terminal phosphate cyclase among Eucarya, Bacteria and Archaea argues that the enzyme performs an important function in RNA metabolism. ..
- Stieglitz B, Calvo J. Distribution of the isopropylmalate pathway to leucine among diverse bacteria. J Bacteriol. 1974;118:935-41 pubmed..Taken together with other data, these results suggest that the isopropylmalate pathway is widespread among organisms that can synthesize leucine. ..
- Bartkus J, Tyler B, Calvo J. Transcription attenuation-mediated control of leu operon expression: influence of the number of Leu control codons. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:1634-41 pubmed..Given two Leu control codons, the operon responds with nearly maximum output over a wide range of leucine limitation, and that outcome does not change much with increasing numbers of control codons. ..