Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IS26-TnpA
Species: Escherichia coli
- Perreten V, Boerlin P. A new sulfonamide resistance gene (sul3) in Escherichia coli is widespread in the pig population of Switzerland. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:1169-72 pubmed..coli. Two copies of the insertion element IS15Delta/26 flanked the region containing sul3. The sul3 gene was detected in one-third of the sulfonamide-resistant pathogenic E. coli isolates from pigs in Switzerland...
- Vourli S, Tzouvelekis L, Tzelepi E, Lebessi E, Legakis N, Miriagou V. Characterization of In111, a class 1 integron that carries the extended-spectrum beta-lactamase gene blaIBC-1. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;225:149-53 pubmed..The 3'CS included sulI, qacEDelta1, orf5 and orf6. In111 was bounded on the right by an inversely oriented IRt. The 5'CS was preceded by an intact IS26 element followed by an aphA1 gene...
- Yamane K, Wachino J, Suzuki S, Kimura K, Shibata N, Kato H, et al. New plasmid-mediated fluoroquinolone efflux pump, QepA, found in an Escherichia coli clinical isolate. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3354-60 pubmed publisher..coli was first identified. Surveillance of the qepA-harboring clinical isolates should be encouraged to minimize further dissemination of the kind of plasmid-dependent FQ resistance determinants among pathogenic microbes...
- McGann P, Snesrud E, Ong A, Appalla L, Koren M, Kwak Y, et al. War wound treatment complications due to transfer of an IncN plasmid harboring bla(OXA-181) from Morganella morganii to CTX-M-27-producing sequence type 131 Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015;59:3556-62 pubmed publisher..We highlight the importance of surveillance for carbapenem resistance in all species, even those with intrinsic resistances, and the value of advanced molecular techniques in detecting subtle genetic changes. ..
- Miriagou V, Tzouvelekis L, Villa L, Lebessi E, Vatopoulos A, Carattoli A, et al. CMY-13, a novel inducible cephalosporinase encoded by an Escherichia coli plasmid. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:3172-4 pubmed publisher..ampC encoded a novel cephalosporinase (CMY-13) with activity similar to that of CMY-2. AmpR was likely functional as indicated in induction experiments...