Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ilvM
Description: acetolactate synthase 2 small subunit
Alias: ECK3761, JW3742
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Lu M, Umbarger H. Effects of deletion and insertion mutations in the ilvM gene of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1987;169:600-4 pubmedA plasmid was constructed that carried the ilvG and ilvM genes and the associated promoter and leader regions derived from the K-12 strain of Escherichia coli...
- Lopes J, Lawther R. Analysis and comparison of the internal promoter, pE, of the ilvGMEDA operons from Escherichia coli K-12 and Salmonella typhimurium. Nucleic Acids Res. 1986;14:2779-98 pubmed..coli K-12 and S. typhimurium; pE is located in the distal end of the ilvM coding sequence; the pE sequence is highly conserved in the two bacteria; the amino acid sequence of the ilvM gene ..
- Wek R, Sameshima J, Hatfield G. Rho-dependent transcriptional polarity in the ilvGMEDA operon of wild-type Escherichia coli K12. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:15256-61 pubmed..These transcriptional experiments provide in vitro confirmation for the latent rho-dependent termination site model of transcriptional polarity. ..
- Wek R, Hatfield G. Examination of the internal promoter, PE, in the ilvGMEDA operon of E. coli K-12. Nucleic Acids Res. 1986;14:2763-77 pubmedThe ilvGMEDA operon of Escherichia coli K-12 contains an internal promoter, PE, in the distal portion of the ilvM gene immediately upstream from the ilvE gene...
- Cox J, Cox B, Fidanza V, Calhoun D. The complete nucleotide sequence of the ilvGMEDA cluster of Escherichia coli K-12. Gene. 1987;56:185-98 pubmed..coli. The sequence at the boundary of the ilvA and ilvD genes is TAATAATG, so that the second TAA stop codon of ilvD overlaps the ATG initiation codon of ilvA. ..
- Kuramitsu S, Ogawa T, Ogawa H, Kagamiyama H. Branched-chain amino acid aminotransferase of Escherichia coli: nucleotide sequence of the ilvE gene and the deduced amino acid sequence. J Biochem. 1985;97:993-9 pubmed..C., et al. (1979) J. Bacteriol. 139, 339-345). From the deduced amino acid sequence, the secondary structure was predicted...
- Parekh B, Hatfield G. Growth rate-related regulation of the ilvGMEDA operon of Escherichia coli K-12 is a consequence of the polar frameshift mutation in the ilvG gene of this strain. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:2086-8 pubmed..Thus, the growth rate-related expression of the ilvGMEDA operon in E. coli K-12 is the fortuitous consequence of the polar frameshift mutation in the ilvG gene of this strain. ..
- Engel S, Vyazmensky M, Geresh S, Barak Z, Chipman D. Acetohydroxyacid synthase: a new enzyme for chiral synthesis of R-phenylacetylcarbinol. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2003;83:833-40 pubmed..Acetohydroxyacid synthase isozyme I is particularly efficient. The reaction is not limited to condensation of pyruvate with benzaldehyde and other aromatic aldehydes may be used. ..
- Vinogradov M, Kaplun A, Vyazmensky M, Engel S, Golbik R, Tittmann K, et al. Monitoring the acetohydroxy acid synthase reaction and related carboligations by circular dichroism spectroscopy. Anal Biochem. 2005;342:126-33 pubmed..This enzyme catalyzes the condensation of two molecules of glyoxylate to chiral tartronic acid semialdehyde. The use of circular dichroism also identifies the product of glyoxylate carboligase as being in the (R) configuration. ..
- Huang F, Coppola G, Calhoun D. Multiple transcripts encoded by the ilvGMEDA gene cluster of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:4871-7 pubmed
- Lawther R, Wek R, Lopes J, Pereira R, Taillon B, Hatfield G. The complete nucleotide sequence of the ilvGMEDA operon of Escherichia coli K-12. Nucleic Acids Res. 1987;15:2137-55 pubmed..This new information contributes to a more complete understanding of the overall control of the biosynthesis of isoleucine and valine...
- Schloss J, Van Dyk D, Vasta J, Kutny R. Purification and properties of Salmonella typhimurium acetolactate synthase isozyme II from Escherichia coli HB101/pDU9. Biochemistry. 1985;24:4952-9 pubmed..3 kDa), purified acetolactate synthase contained a smaller subunit (9.7 kDa; designated here as the ilvM gene product)...
- Driver R, Lawther R. Physical analysis of deletion mutations in the ilvGEDA operon of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1985;162:598-606 pubmed..This genomic analysis demonstrates that the ilv restriction site map that was established previously by the analysis of recombinant bacteriophage and plasmids is identical to that on the genome. ..
- Grant G. The ACT domain: a small molecule binding domain and its role as a common regulatory element. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33825-9 pubmed