Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hypD
Description: hydrogenase maturation protein
Alias: ECK2724, JW2699, hydF
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Hopper S, Babst M, Schlensog V, Fischer H, Hennecke H, Bock A. Regulated expression in vitro of genes coding for formate hydrogenlyase components of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:19597-604 pubmed..A supramolecular transcription complex is proposed which involves the binding of IHF to a site located between the UAS and the promoter responsible for transcription of the hyc operon. ..
- Butland G, Zhang J, Yang W, Sheung A, Wong P, Greenblatt J, et al. Interactions of the Escherichia coli hydrogenase biosynthetic proteins: HybG complex formation. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:677-81 pubmed..The complex also includes HypE and HypD, which interact with each other before joining the larger complex.
- Schlensog V, Bock A. Identification and sequence analysis of the gene encoding the transcriptional activator of the formate hydrogenlyase system of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1990;4:1319-27 pubmed..FHLA appears to bind to the upstream regulatory sequence (URS) in the 5' flanking region of the fdhF gene since activation of fdhF expression was dependent on the presence of the URS. ..
- Forzi L, Sawers R. Maturation of [NiFe]-hydrogenases in Escherichia coli. Biometals. 2007;20:565-78 pubmed..What is becoming increasingly clear is that the metabolic origins of the carbonyl group may be different. ..
- McGlynn S, Ruebush S, Naumov A, Nagy L, Dubini A, King P, et al. In vitro activation of [FeFe] hydrogenase: new insights into hydrogenase maturation. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2007;12:443-7 pubmed..the heterologously expressed inactive HydA with extracts in which hydrogenase-specific maturation proteins HydE, HydF, and HydG are expressed in concert...
- Lutz S, Jacobi A, Schlensog V, Bohm R, Sawers G, Bock A. Molecular characterization of an operon (hyp) necessary for the activity of the three hydrogenase isoenzymes in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:123-35 pubmed..Complementation analysis of previously characterized mutants showed that the hypB, hypC and hypD genes have a function in the formation of all three hydrogenase isoenzymes, lesions in hypB being complemented by ..
- Kuchenreuther J, Britt R, Swartz J. New insights into [FeFe] hydrogenase activation and maturase function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45850 pubmed publisher..The HydE, HydF, and HydG maturases assist in assembling the H-cluster and maturing hydrogenases into their catalytically active ..
- Jacobi A, Rossmann R, Bock A. The hyp operon gene products are required for the maturation of catalytically active hydrogenase isoenzymes in Escherichia coli. Arch Microbiol. 1992;158:444-51 pubmed..The products of three of the genes, hypB, hypD and hypE were found to be essential for the synthesis of all three hydrogenase isoenzymes...