Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hemG
Description: protoporphyrin oxidase, flavoprotein
Alias: ECK3842, JW3827, yihB
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Narita S, Taketani S, Inokuchi H. Oxidation of protoporphyrinogen IX in Escherichia coli is mediated by the aerobic coproporphyrinogen oxidase. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;261:1012-20 pubmed..In Escherichia coli, this enzyme is encoded by the hemG gene...
- Breckau D, Mahlitz E, Sauerwald A, Layer G, Jahn D. Oxygen-dependent coproporphyrinogen III oxidase (HemF) from Escherichia coli is stimulated by manganese. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46625-31 pubmed..Moreover, mutation of a potential nucleotide binding motif (GGGXXTP) did not affect HemF activity. Two alternative routes for HemF-mediated catalysis, one metal-dependent, the other metal-independent, are proposed. ..
- Yang H, Sasarman A, Inokuchi H, Adler J. Non-iron porphyrins cause tumbling to blue light by an Escherichia coli mutant defective in hemG. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:2459-63 pubmed..Here we explore the effect of a hemG mutant, defective in the penultimate step, protoporphyrinogen oxidase...
- Ericsson U, Hallberg B, DeTitta G, Dekker N, Nordlund P. Thermofluor-based high-throughput stability optimization of proteins for structural studies. Anal Biochem. 2006;357:289-98 pubmed..This suggests that thermofluor constitutes an efficient generic high-throughput method for identification of protein properties predictive of crystallizability. ..
- Jacobs J, Jacobs N. Protoporphyrinogen oxidation, an enzymatic step in heme and chlorophyll synthesis: partial characterization of the reaction in plant organelles and comparison with mammalian and bacterial systems. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1984;229:312-9 pubmed..The activity extracted from spinach chloroplasts was mostly inactivated by trypsin digestion, which was additional evidence for the protein nature of the plant activity. ..
- Nishimura K, Nakayashiki T, Inokuchi H. Cloning and identification of the hemG gene encoding protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO) of Escherichia coli K-12. DNA Res. 1995;2:1-8 pubmed..we concluded that strain VSR751 must be defective in protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO), the product of the hemG gene. By complementation analysis using VSR751, we isolated and identified this gene...