Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gnd
Description: 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, decarboxylating
Alias: ECK2024, JW2011
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Wolf R, Cool J. Mapping of insertion mutations in gnd of Escherichia coli with deletions defining the ends of the gene. J Bacteriol. 1980;141:1222-9 pubmedA genetic map was prepared for gnd, the gene of Escherichia coli which encodes the metabolically regulated 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase...
- Siddiquee K, Arauzo Bravo M, Shimizu K. Effect of a pyruvate kinase (pykF-gene) knockout mutation on the control of gene expression and metabolic fluxes in Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;235:25-33 pubmed..and mdh genes were strongly up-regulated, and that the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway genes such as zwf and gnd were significantly up-regulated in the pykF mutant...
- Wolf R, Shea F. Combined use of strain construction and affinity chromatography in the rapid, high-yield purification of 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1979;138:171-5 pubmed..Fructose 1,6-diphosphate is an inhibitor of enzyme activity. ..
- Nasoff M, Baker H, Wolf R. DNA sequence of the Escherichia coli gene, gnd, for 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase. Gene. 1984;27:253-64 pubmedExpression of gnd of Escherichia coli, which encodes 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, an enzyme of the hexose monophosphate shunt, is subject to growth rate-dependent regulation and is gene dosage-dependent: the level of the enzyme ..
- Chang J, Green C, Wolf R. Inhibition of translation initiation on Escherichia coli gnd mRNA by formation of a long-range secondary structure involving the ribosome binding site and the internal complementary sequence. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:6560-7 pubmedPrevious research has indicated that the growth rate-dependent regulation of Escherichia coli gnd expression involves the internal complementary sequence (ICS), a negative control site that lies within the 6-phosphogluconate ..
- Zhao J, Baba T, Mori H, Shimizu K. Global metabolic response of Escherichia coli to gnd or zwf gene-knockout, based on 13C-labeling experiments and the measurement of enzyme activities. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;64:91-8 pubmed..glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase were constructed by disrupting the zwf and gnd genes and were grown in minimal media with two different carbon sources, such as glucose or pyruvate...
- Fraenkel D. Selection of Escherichia coli mutants lacking glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase or gluconate-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. J Bacteriol. 1968;95:1267-71 pubmed..Thus, these enzymes are not essential for glucose metabolism in E. coli. ..
- Sly L, Doelle H. 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase in cell free extracts of Escherichia coli K-12. Arch Mikrobiol. 1968;63:214-23 pubmed
- Sandoval J, Arenas F, GarcÃa J, DÃaz VÃ¡squez W, Valdivia GonzÃ¡lez M, Sabotier M, et al. Escherichia coli 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase aids in tellurite resistance by reducing the toxicant in a NADPH-dependent manner. Microbiol Res. 2015;177:22-7 pubmed publisher..The enzyme responsible for toxicant reduction was identified as 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (Gnd)...
- Sunshine M, Kelly B. Extent of host deletions associated with bacteriophage P2-mediated eduction. J Bacteriol. 1971;108:695-704 pubmed..H, the his operon, a suppressor of the recBC phenotype (sbcB), the gene for gluconate-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (gnd), a locus involved in cell wall synthesis (rfb), and in some cases all or part of genes involved in ..
- Jiao Z, Baba T, Mori H, Shimizu K. Analysis of metabolic and physiological responses to gnd knockout in Escherichia coli by using C-13 tracer experiment and enzyme activity measurement. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;220:295-301 pubmedThe physiological and metabolic responses to gnd knockout in Escherichia coli K-12 was quantitatively investigated by using the (13)C tracer experiment (GC-MS/NMR) together with the enzyme activity analysis...
- Lee J, Shin H, Lee Y. Metabolic engineering of pentose phosphate pathway in Ralstoniaeutropha for enhanced biosynthesis of poly-beta-hydroxybutyrate. Biotechnol Prog. 2003;19:1444-9 pubmed..The gnd gene encoding 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGDH) and the tktA gene encoding the transketolase (TK) in PP ..