Gene Symbol: glgB
Description: 1,4-alpha-glucan branching enzyme
Alias: ECK3418, JW3395
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Devillers C, Piper M, Ballicora M, Preiss J. Characterization of the branching patterns of glycogen branching enzyme truncated on the N-terminus. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;418:34-8 pubmed
- Wang L, Regina A, Butardo V, Kosar Hashemi B, Larroque O, Kahler C, et al. Influence of in situ progressive N-terminal is still controversial truncation of glycogen branching enzyme in Escherichia coli DH5Î± on glycogen structure, accumulation, and bacterial viability. BMC Microbiol. 2015;15:96 pubmed publisher..A series of Escherichia coli DH5Î± mutants were created with glgB genes that were in situ progressively N-terminus truncated...
- Salmond G, Lutkenhaus J, Donachie W. Identification of new genes in a cell envelope-cell division gene cluster of Escherichia coli: cell envelope gene murG. J Bacteriol. 1980;144:438-40 pubmed..This group is in a larger cluster of at least 10 genes, all of which are involved in some way with cell envelope growth. ..
- Binderup K, Mikkelsen R, Preiss J. Truncation of the amino terminus of branching enzyme changes its chain transfer pattern. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;397:279-85 pubmed..native or truncated branching enzyme were individually expressed in a branching enzyme-deficient mutant, AC71 (glgB(-))...
- Abad M, Binderup K, Preiss J, Geiger J. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of Escherichia coli branching enzyme. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2002;58:359-61 pubmed..44, b = 102.58, c = 185.41 A, beta = 91.38 degrees. A native data set with 99.6% completeness, an overall R(merge) of 0.086 and I/sigma(I) of 10.43 was obtained. ..
- Latil Damotte M, Lares C. Relative order of glg mutations affecting glycogen biosynthesis in Escherichia coli K12. Mol Gen Genet. 1977;150:325-8 pubmed..coli can be mapped at three different loci, glg A, glg B and glg C lying between asd and mal A. Transduction tests suggest the following order for the genes in this region: mal A--glg A--glg C--glg B--asd. ..
- Baecker P, Greenberg E, Preiss J. Biosynthesis of bacterial glycogen. Primary structure of Escherichia coli 1,4-alpha-D-glucan:1,4-alpha-D-glucan 6-alpha-D-(1, 4-alpha-D-glucano)-transferase as deduced from the nucleotide sequence of the glg B gene. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:8738-43 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence was also consistent with the amino-terminal amino acid sequence and the amino acid sequence analysis of various peptides obtained from CNBr degradation of purified branching enzyme. ..
- Binderup K, Libessart N, Preiss J. Slow-binding inhibition of branching enzyme by the pseudooligosaccharide BAY e4609. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;374:73-8 pubmed..We discuss how these results parallel the inhibition of alpha-amylase by acarbose and the significance of branching enzyme as belonging to the amylolytic family. ..
- Hilden I, Leggio L, Larsen S, Poulsen P. Characterization and crystallization of an active N-terminally truncated form of the Escherichia coli glycogen branching enzyme. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:2150-5 pubmed