Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fumB
Description: anaerobic class I fumarate hydratase (fumarase B)
Alias: ECK4115, JW4083
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Golby P, Kelly D, Guest J, Andrews S. Transcriptional regulation and organization of the dcuA and dcuB genes, encoding homologous anaerobic C4-dicarboxylate transporters in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:6586-96 pubmed..aspartase gene (aspA), while dcuB is 77 bp upstream of, and has the same polarity as, the anaerobic fumarase gene (fumB)...
- van Vugt Lussenburg B, van der Weel L, Hagen W, Hagedoorn P. Biochemical similarities and differences between the catalytic [4Fe-4S] cluster containing fumarases FumA and FumB from Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55549 pubmed publisherThe highly homologous [4Fe-4S] containing fumarases FumA and FumB, sharing 90% amino acid sequence identity, from Escherichia coli are differentially regulated, which suggests a difference in their physiological function...
- Herzberg M, Kaye I, Peti W, Wood T. YdgG (TqsA) controls biofilm formation in Escherichia coli K-12 through autoinducer 2 transport. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:587-98 pubmed..metR), biotin and thiamine biosynthesis (bioF and thiDFH), anaerobic metabolism (focB, hyfACDR, ttdA, and fumB), and proteins with unknown function (ybfG, yceO, yjhQ, and yjbE); 10 of these genes were verified through mutation ..
- Abo Amer A, Munn J, Jackson K, Aktas M, Golby P, Kelly D, et al. DNA interaction and phosphotransfer of the C4-dicarboxylate-responsive DcuS-DcuR two-component regulatory system from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:1879-89 pubmed..The DcuR-binding sites of the dcuB, dctA, and frdA genes were located 27, 94, and 86 bp, respectively, upstream of the corresponding +1 sites, and a new promoter was identified for dcuB that responds to DcuR. ..
- Flint D. Escherichia coli fumarase A catalyzes the isomerization of enol and keto oxalacetic acid. Biochemistry. 1993;32:799-805 pubmed..Fumarase A and aconitase, two enzymes with 4Fe-4S clusters that bind a linear 4-carbon dicarboxylic acid moiety in the trans conformation during their normal hydro-lyase reaction, do catalyze this isomerization. ..
- Flint D. Initial kinetic and mechanistic characterization of Escherichia coli fumarase A. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1994;311:509-16 pubmed..The possible roles of the proteins encoded by the three fumarase genes in E. coli are briefly discussed. ..
- Gruer M, Guest J. Two genetically-distinct and differentially-regulated aconitases (AcnA and AcnB) in Escherichia coli. Microbiology. 1994;140 ( Pt 10):2531-41 pubmed
- Yumoto N, Tokushige M. Characterization of multiple fumarase proteins in Escherichia coli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;153:1236-43 pubmed..A. Woods & J.R. Guest (1987) FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 48, 219), the activity could be restored by anaerobic incubation with ferrous ions and SH-compounds. ..
- Guest J, Miles J, Roberts R, Woods S. The fumarase genes of Escherichia coli: location of the fumB gene and discovery of a new gene (fumC). J Gen Microbiol. 1985;131:2971-84 pubmedThe fumB gene of Escherichia coli, which complements the fumarase deficiency of a fumA mutant when present in multiple copies, has been located at 93.5 min in the E...
- Henson J, Blake N, Marek L. The isolation of fumB mutants of Escherichia coli. J Gen Microbiol. 1987;133:2631-8 pubmed..These suppressor mutants had an IS10 insertion just upstream of the fumB structural gene (min 93.4)...