Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fucP
Description: L-fucose transporter
Alias: ECK2796, JW2772
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Chen Y, Zhu Y, Lin E. The organization of the fuc regulon specifying L-fucose dissimilation in Escherichia coli K12 as determined by gene cloning. Mol Gen Genet. 1987;210:331-7 pubmed..2 min and constitute a regulon. These genes include fucP (encoding L-fucose permease), fucI (encoding L-fucose isomerase), fucK (encoding L-fuculose kinase), fucA (encoding ..
- Zhu Y, Lin E. A mutant crp allele that differentially activates the operons of the fuc regulon in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:2352-8 pubmedL-Fucose is used by Escherichia coli through an inducible pathway mediated by a fucP-encoded permease, a fucI-encoded isomerase, a fucK-encoded kinase, and a fucA-encoded aldolase...
- Spooner P, O Reilly W, Homans S, Rutherford N, Henderson P, Watts A. Weak substrate binding to transport proteins studied by NMR. Biophys J. 1998;75:2794-800 pubmed..binding of sugar substrates fails to induce any quantifiable physical changes in the L-fucose-H+ symport protein, FucP, from Escherichia coli, and this protein lacks any strongly binding ligands for competitive binding assays...
- Saidijam M, Bettaney K, Szakonyi G, Psakis G, Shibayama K, Suzuki S, et al. Active membrane transport and receptor proteins from bacteria. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:867-72 pubmed
- Bradley S, Tinsley C, Muiry J, Henderson P. Proton-linked L-fucose transport in Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 1987;248:495-500 pubmed..5. Neither steady state kinetic measurements nor assays of L-fucose binding to periplasmic proteins revealed the existence of a second L-fucose transport system. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Z, Lin E. Constitutive activation of the fucAO operon and silencing of the divergently transcribed fucPIK operon by an IS5 element in Escherichia coli mutants selected for growth on L-1,2-propanediol. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:6097-105 pubmed..The DNA of the fucAO operon and a part of the adjacent fucP was sequenced.
- Sugihara J, Sun L, Yan N, Kaback H. Dynamics of the L-fucose/H+ symporter revealed by fluorescence spectroscopy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14847-51 pubmed publisherb>FucP of Escherichia coli catalyzes L-fucose/H(+) symport, and a crystal structure in an outward-facing conformation has been reported. However, nothing is known about FucP conformational dynamics...
- Bazzone A, Madej M, Kaback H, Fendler K. pH Regulation of Electrogenic Sugar/H+ Symport in MFS Sugar Permeases. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156392 pubmed publisher..We present here a comparative electrophysiological study of the lactose permease (LacY), the fucose permease (FucP) and the xylose permease (XylE), which reveals common mechanistic principles and differences...
- Gunn F, Tate C, Sansom C, Henderson P. Topological analyses of the L-fucose-H+ symport protein, FucP, from Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1995;15:771-83 pubmedThe transport of L-fucose into Escherichia coli is mediated by the L-fucose-H+ symport protein (FucP)...
- Chakrabarti T, Chen Y, Lin E. Clustering of genes for L-fucose dissimilation by Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1984;157:984-6 pubmed..Results from this and previous studies show that all of the structural genes of the L-fucose trunk pathway map between eno and argA at minute 60.2 of the chromosome. ..